- Activism's slippery slope: Anonymous targets children's hospital
- New iPad rumor rollup for week ending April 23
- Apple users put at risk by 3-week delay between OS X and iOS patches, researchers say
- Tip of the Hat: Heartbleed prompts chastened tech giants to fund OpenSSL
- 'Francophoned' cybertheft operation reportedly back in action
- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
- Data retention: Just like diamonds, metadata is forever
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- Sorting the security standards
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
A hearing date of February 20 in the Victorian Federal Court has been set for Telstra's (ASX: TLS) case with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) and iiNet (ASX: IIN) subsidiaries. The decision follows a first directions hearing in the New South Wales Federal Court today.
The Federal Court has dismissed an appeal by Australia Post that digital mail service Digital Post Australia infringed on its trade mark.
The Federal Court has ordered Excite Mobile to pay $455,000 and its directors Obie Brown and David Samuel to pay $55,000 and $45,000 respectively for misconduct when selling mobile phone services. An employee, Fiona Smart, must pay $3500.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has been given the green light to appeal against the Federal Court’s finding that certain advertisements for ISP TPG’s Unlimited ADSL2+ broadband service were not misleading.
Telstra has terminated its supply of prepaid mobile service to ispONE due to an alleged failure by the reseller to pay its invoices, according to ispONE.
While many who invest in Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software benefit greatly, some do not. Research has revealed a number of pitfalls that end users should avoid when evaluating and implementing DCIM solutions. Choosing an inappropriate solution, relying on inadequate processes, and a lack of commitment / ownership / knowledge can each undermine a chosen toolset’s ability to deliver the value it was designed to provide. This paper describes these common pitfalls and provides practical guidance on how to avoid them.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.