- Personal data on 50,000 Uber drivers exposed in breach
- White House privacy proposal aims to give consumers control over data
- Lenovo to flush 'crapware' from its consumer PCs after Superfish sin
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
Expedia - News, Features, and Slideshows
Obama headlines Silicon Valley cybersecurity summit ... Xiaomi starts up in U.S. ... Expedia fights off Google ... and more news
After acquiring a competitor weeks ago and just announcing plans to buy another one, Expedia may look like the dominant player in online travel, but its CEO argues the deals are necessary to battle another rival: Google.
Cheaper air travel is making the world seem smaller -- and that's increasingly the case for the online booking market too, with Expedia planning to swallow up rival Orbitz Worldwide barely a month after buying the smaller Travelocity.
Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
Australia’s competition regulator has given the all clear to the $703 million travel website acquisition of Wotif.com by US giant Expedia.
- CIO, CMO take top two posts at Myer following Brookes' departure
- CommBank CMO adds strategy to her executive marketing responsibilities
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label