- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
Expedia - News, Features, and Slideshows
Obama headlines Silicon Valley cybersecurity summit ... Xiaomi starts up in U.S. ... Expedia fights off Google ... and more news
After acquiring a competitor weeks ago and just announcing plans to buy another one, Expedia may look like the dominant player in online travel, but its CEO argues the deals are necessary to battle another rival: Google.
Cheaper air travel is making the world seem smaller -- and that's increasingly the case for the online booking market too, with Expedia planning to swallow up rival Orbitz Worldwide barely a month after buying the smaller Travelocity.
Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
Australia’s competition regulator has given the all clear to the $703 million travel website acquisition of Wotif.com by US giant Expedia.
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke