- Rogue cell towers discovered in Washington, D.C.
- Apple beefs up security with 2-factor authentication for iCloud backups
- Twitter patches vulnerability that could have impacted advertising accounts
- Adobe releases previously delayed security updates for Reader and Acrobat
- The security function needs SMART metrics
eventvwr - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is warning customers to hang up on scammers, pretending to be from the bank, who claim the customer's computer has been hacked.
Australians are being warned to hang up on telemarketers who phone up and claim that their computer has a virus.
Scammers continue to take Australians for a ride with losses of $93.4 million reported to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) last year.
Microsoft Australia has admitted an inability to effectively shut down an Indian-based telemarketing scam which offers users of its Windows operating system virus protection.