eventvwr - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is warning customers to hang up on scammers, pretending to be from the bank, who claim the customer's computer has been hacked.
Australians are being warned to hang up on telemarketers who phone up and claim that their computer has a virus.
Scammers continue to take Australians for a ride with losses of $93.4 million reported to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) last year.
Microsoft Australia has admitted an inability to effectively shut down an Indian-based telemarketing scam which offers users of its Windows operating system virus protection.
- Telstra strikes Cloud deal with Telkom Indonesia
- Brocade deploys router for new high-speed research network platform
- EXCLUSIVE: Tonnex International falls into liquidation after lengthy court battle
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria (+15 photos)
- Inabox Group revenue reaches $46.9m but profit slips again