- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
- USB Type-C: Simpler, faster and more powerful
- Data retention: Just like diamonds, metadata is forever
- Connected vehicle tech trial to start trucking on in NSW
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
Ethernet in pictures
Reviewing the highlights of Ethernet's first four decades
Telecommunications and data centre provider Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) has posted half year revenue of $30.6 million, driven largely by sales of its fibre network and data centre services.
Could HDMI's days be numbered? It could be, if a new a new audio/video (A/V) cable standard developed by four tech companies catches on.
Telstra has finalised the upgrade of its symmetric business broadband network, known as Telstra Business Broadband (TBB) Ethernet.
Making a call using a mobile device over a wireless cellular network is so commonplace today that it's easy to forget the huge networks, comprised of wires, cell towers, routers, switches and data centers, that power those calls.
Have you ever broken the connector on an Ethernet cable, but didn't want to go out and buy a replacement? If you only have one or two broken cable heads, it's probably not worth it to find a crimper and new RJ45 connectors. This quick, clever, and inexpensive hack from Instructables makes quick work of repairing a snapped Ethernet connector with a razor, cutting pliers, and two cable ties.
Cisco, HP and others are waging an epic battle to gain control of the data center, but at the same time they are joining forces to push through new Ethernet standards that could greatly ease management of those increasingly virtualized IT nerve centers.
Even though strides are being made to define standards for extending Ethernet to handle data center applications, these advances will not be a panacea, vendors say.
Mobile apps are the ultimate corporate dilemma: They turbo-charge productivity—but also bring significant security risks. How do you navigate the challenge and emerge with both? With a comprehensive approach to security.Learn the key areas to focus on as you build a mobile app security strategy.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Amazon: A culture based on customer data
- Why it's time to make customer engagement about context, not campaigns
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- Salesforce at 15: Industry disruptor wards off midlife crisis
- Branded comments and shares a growing part of the social engagement mix for marketers