eset - News, Features, and Slideshows
TorrentLocker ransomware attacks affected 9,415 users in Australia, according to a new report by security vendor ESET.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
A ransomware threat that encrypts files stored on the SD memory cards of Android devices has been updated to target English-speaking users with FBI-themed alerts.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities