The Equinix ME1 data centre officially opened in Melbourne today. The $66 million facility has a current capacity of 375 cabinets with 1,125 more cabinets to be added in the future.
equinix - News, Features, and Slideshows
equinix in pictures
A look inside Equinix's new Sydney 3 (SY3) data centre.
Data centre provider Equinix has formally launched its fourth Sydney facility, SY4, although it already has more than 20 customers operating out of it according to Jeremy Deutsch, the company’s local managing director.
Equinix has completed its expansion of ME1, bumping the Port Melbourne data centre’s capacity to 1125 cabinets and giving it a total colocation area of around 3325 square metres.
Equinix will spend US$28 million on its ME1 Melbourne data centre to support increased customer demand for cloud services, the company said today.
Telstra customers will be able to colocate within Equinix’s five data centres, SY1, SY2, SY3, SY4 and ME1 in Sydney and Melbourne.
Equinix has announced that customers will be able to connect to Office 365 via the Azure ExpressRoute from its three Sydney data centres.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Check your Future Risk
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.