emergency alert system - News, Features, and Slideshows
After an extensive period of development and testing, a Queensland company has taken to market a system designed to make it easy for organisations with sprawling campuses to more quickly respond to emergencies.
Australia’s emergency alert system has “performed well” in Victoria during this month’s bushfires, according to the Victoria Office of the Emergency Services Commissioner (OESC).
The national Emergency Alert text messaging service, which warns the public of disasters in their area, has been used for the first time in South Australia.
The Federal Government is to upgrade the Emergency Alert warning system, pushing the service, which delivers SMS notifications about natural disasters out to mobile handsets, to all Australian mobile networks.
- NewLease's emerging markets expansion to be led by former Microsoft executive
- Decimal hires second CEO in four months
- World's most powerful life sciences supercomputing facility to stay in Victoria
- Nextgen Networks appoints former AAPT exec as new MD
- Venture capitalist to plunge $100 million into Aussie tech sector