- Mobile malware making Australians trust mobile devices less over time
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Privileged-account risk multiplies for Australia's cloud-hungry businesses: CyberArk
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches
emergency alert system - News, Features, and Slideshows
After an extensive period of development and testing, a Queensland company has taken to market a system designed to make it easy for organisations with sprawling campuses to more quickly respond to emergencies.
Australia’s emergency alert system has “performed well” in Victoria during this month’s bushfires, according to the Victoria Office of the Emergency Services Commissioner (OESC).
The national Emergency Alert text messaging service, which warns the public of disasters in their area, has been used for the first time in South Australia.
The Federal Government is to upgrade the Emergency Alert warning system, pushing the service, which delivers SMS notifications about natural disasters out to mobile handsets, to all Australian mobile networks.