Criminals have managed to siphon a total of $600,000 out of Australian businesses by posing as suppliers and requesting payment be sent to a new bank account via email, says SCAMwatch.
email scam - News, Features, and Slideshows
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2014.
Telstra has warned customers to delete a phishing email that claims they need to update their billing information following the introduction of 4G services on the 700MHz spectrum.
Utility provider EnergyAustralia has warned customers about an email phishing scam that claims to contain a link to their electricity or gas bill.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is warning Australians not to respond to an email which claims that someone tried to access their personal bank account.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.