Criminals have managed to siphon a total of $600,000 out of Australian businesses by posing as suppliers and requesting payment be sent to a new bank account via email, says SCAMwatch.
email scam - News, Features, and Slideshows
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2014.
Telstra has warned customers to delete a phishing email that claims they need to update their billing information following the introduction of 4G services on the 700MHz spectrum.
Utility provider EnergyAustralia has warned customers about an email phishing scam that claims to contain a link to their electricity or gas bill.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is warning Australians not to respond to an email which claims that someone tried to access their personal bank account.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.