- Researchers malware steals Gmail password, online banking data
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Your living room is vulnerable to cyber attacks
- Three easy ways to separate work and play on the same PC
- Spammers top spoofing targets are still finance and travel industries
Earthquake - News, Features, and Slideshows
After catastrophic earthquakes in Christchurch toppled its New Zealand law office, Duncan Cotterill implemented desktop virtualization to provide stronger disaster resilience, according to the law firm’s CIO at the time.
An earthquake on New Zealand’s Cook Strait did not damage Telecom NZ and Vodafone networks, but precipitated a large number calls that congested both networks.
Remotely controlled construction machinery rolled into the site of the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant last week to help clear roads and passages of radioactive debris, the plant's operator said.
Australian and New Zealand CIOs can expect minor supply restrictions from Japanese technology brands as a result of the Tohoku Pacific Ocean Earthquake, which hit north-eastern Japan on March 11, according to analyst, IDC.
A day after Japan's biggest earthquake ever caused widespread destruction and as-yet uncounted deaths, Japan's biggest electronics companies are trying to ensure that employees in disaster areas are safe and facilities remain intact.