- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- Cancer Research UK: ‘We thought the #nomakeupselfie campaign was a DDoS attack'
e-commerce - News, Features, and Slideshows
China's Alibaba Group has decided to power app searches for its mobile operating system using technology from U.S.-based Quixey, a company in which it invested.
China's Alibaba Group is taking another step to draw international users to its e-commerce sites by offering deep discounts on products during an upcoming sales promotion on Nov. 11.
Authorities have extradited the founder of Liberty Reserve, a virtual currency allegedly used by cybercriminals for money laundering, from Spain to the U.S.
Eftpos has switched on new centralised payments infrastructure that is meant to speed up the rollout of products including Eftpos online and mobile payments.
Activist investor and hedge-fund manager Carl Icahn says eBay's decision to spin off PayPal into a separate company is "almost a no brainer."
Australian e-commerce firm eWAY has launched its merchant platform into Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
In their first day of trading, shares of Alibaba stock opened at US$92.70 on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday, an increase of more than 35 percent over the $68 initial public offering price.
Alibaba, an e-commerce giant in China, wants to make new friends in the U.S. Especially friends with money.
While Apple works to turn credit cards digital, an Australian startup is turning Bitcoin into a piece of plastic.
The collection and analysis of big data holds great promise, but may also lead some companies to create profiles of consumers leading to discrimination, the chairwoman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said Monday.
Video on-demand service Netflix is expanding in Europe and will soon appear on the set-top boxes of French telecom operator Bouygues Telecom, the operator said on Monday.
Coinbase, one of the more prominent exchanges for buying and selling bitcoins, is opening up wider access to the digital currency in Europe.
Twitter is testing a way for its users to purchase digital music and other products through the social networking application, with the goal of making mobile shopping easier, the company said in a blog post.
Alibaba is looking to raise as much as $US21 billion in its U.S. IPO, according to documents filed Friday, making the Chinese e-commerce company's debut one of the largest initial public offerings in U.S. history.
Several high-profile websites -- including Kickstarter, Etsy, Reddit, Mozilla and Meetup -- will display spinning-wheel icons next Wednesday in an attempt to show visitors the Internet slow lanes they say will appear if the U.S. Federal Communications Commission doesn't pass strong net neutrality regulations.
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
- The ratings: Most net neutrality groups get poor grades for funding transparency
- Advocacy groups accused of obscuring corporate ties in net neutrality debate
- Secretive funding fuels ongoing net neutrality astroturfing controversy
- OS X Yosemite uptake climbs to 13% in first week
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers