domain names - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sydney’s tourism industry should help drive interest in the city’s new top-level domain when it launches later this month according to the chief executive of ARI Registry Services, the company that managed the application for the new TLD.
The first collection of second-level domains using the new .melboune top-level domain will be live on the Internet from tomorrow.
The Victorian government has signed a registry agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), moving the .melbourne domain one step closer to the Web. The first .melbourne domains are likely to come online in mid-2014, according to ARI Registry Services.
Communications minister Malcolm Turnbull has described as a "momentous day in the history of the Internet" the announcement by the US Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration that it will end its role in the Domain Name System.
As the number of top-level domains undergoes explosive growth, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is studying ways to reduce the risk of traffic intended for internal network destinations ending up on the Internet via the Domain Name System.
This is a bad day for the English language, after ICANN approved non-Latin characters for use in Internet domain names. Having invented the Internet--40 years ago yesterday--the U.S. has given away whatever advantage it offers English-speakers.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking