More than 10 million numbers have been listed on the government-run Do Not Call Register.
do not call register - News, Features, and Slideshows
Qantas (ASX: QAN) is warning customers to hang up on an automated call scam which claims they have won a travel prize or credit points towards their next holiday.
Australian consumers are being advised to hang up on scammers who claim they are owed money for receiving telemarketing calls while registered on the Australian Communications and Media Authority's (ACMA) Do Not Call Register.
The Australian Media and Communications Authority’s (ACMA) push to eliminate nuisance telemarketing calls could get a boost following the inaugural International Do Not Call (DNC) Forum held in Paris on Friday.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) have jointly issued warnings to consumers following a spike in the number of complaints both regulators have received in the past two months about phone scammers.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.