- Game on: two more crypto-ransomware threats for Linux web servers emerge
- And then there were two: Another dangerous Dell root certificate discovered
- Retailers targeted by sophisticated ModPOS malware
- What you need to know about Dell's root certificate security debacle
- Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes, offers fix
DNS - News, Features, and Slideshows
DNS in pictures
There's a new species of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack targeting name servers, which could be called the "nonsense name" attack. It can wreak havoc on recursive and authoritative name servers alike, and some of our customers at Infoblox have fallen victim to it--but it's not always clear whether they were actually the targets.
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
Two Australians will serve on the group overseeing the process that will result in an end to the US government's role in overseeing the Domain Name System (DNS).
The state of Victoria, iSelect, Open Universities Australia and Commonwealth Bank drew high slots in a lottery at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers to determine the order in which ICANN will evaluate applications for new top-level domains.
The decommissioning of the public switched telephone network (PSTN) across Australia over the next few years could accelerate the deterioration of one of communication technology’s most valuable assets: Trust.
Tips to thwart DNS cache-poisoning attacks
Whitepapers about DNS
The dramatic increase in DNS and DDoS attacks in the past five years has resulted in loss of business revenue and brand equity for many companies. This infographic gives insights on the effects of these increasing attacks and looks at industries that are most commonly affected by these threats.
- Aussies use connected home devices for consuming content but demand authenticity
- Report: Brand reputation costs $200K to repair
- How an ecommerce and digital marketing overhaul is helping EMU Australia lift footwear sales
- 6 CRM predictions for 2016
- Qantas announces nib health insurance partnership as part of new loyalty program rollout