Security vendor Verdasys says it's ready to bring data loss prevention (DLP) to the cloud.
DLP - News, Features, and Slideshows
Earlier this week Richard Stiennon published an article that questions the value of risk management in IT, and I would argue that, although risk management presents challenges to IT, best practice-driven approaches leveraging aspects of risk management are essential to good security.
Sophos has added data-loss prevention capabilities to its desktop anti-malware software, the security firm says, promising gateway-based DLP in the future as well.
There is no doubt that technology makes us more effective, engaged and productive workers. Technology also allows for flexibility in how, when, and where people work.
Businesses should plan a thorough data loss prevention strategy before talking to suppliers, Gartner has advised.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today