- Home security demystified: How to build a smart DIY system
- German gov't proposes telecom data retention law
- Security Watch: Fujitsu launches Security Services practice
- Apache Cordova fixes flaw that could cause apps to crash
- Cybercrime skills critical for all police as global criminals move online, INTERPOL warns
DLP - News, Features, and Slideshows
Security vendor Verdasys says it's ready to bring data loss prevention (DLP) to the cloud.
Earlier this week Richard Stiennon published an article that questions the value of risk management in IT, and I would argue that, although risk management presents challenges to IT, best practice-driven approaches leveraging aspects of risk management are essential to good security.
Sophos has added data-loss prevention capabilities to its desktop anti-malware software, the security firm says, promising gateway-based DLP in the future as well.
There is no doubt that technology makes us more effective, engaged and productive workers. Technology also allows for flexibility in how, when, and where people work.
Businesses should plan a thorough data loss prevention strategy before talking to suppliers, Gartner has advised.