digital economy - News, Features, and Slideshows
digital economy in pictures
International cyber crime police work is being hampered by data sovereignty laws, according to Australian Federal Police’s national manager of high tech crime operations, Tim Morris.
Australia took another step toward “fair use” copyright reform with a paper released this week by the Australian Law Reform Commission, but implementation of the ALRC’s recommendations is not yet a sure thing.
Parliament House in Canberra was buzzing this week as National ICT Australia (NICTA) exhibited the latest broadband, digital economy and technology innnovations. NICTA partnerships with Sydney Water and Infosys were launched on the day.
With the federal election coming in September, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) is continuing to push for national curriculum reform, saying that there needs to be more support for teachers in ICT and efforts to promote tertiary study of technology among high school students.
Federal and state government agencies in Australia have yet to realise cloud computing’s role in the digital economy and should look to the example set by service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), according to an Australian analyst.
The Federal Government has called on industry to grow its online presence and e–commerce facilities to help boost Australia’s digital economy.
- Good Technology launches enterprise mobility suites
- Telstra fixed line access price consultation begins
- Australian and New Zealand networks drive scientific research
- UPDATED: Planet Tel acquires Via IP to move into wholesale aggregation
- BlackBerry won’t give up on devices, but enterprise remains top priority
- Wearables will make first breakthrough in enterprise, panelists say
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- Hacking PingPlotter, Part 2
- Hackers steal user data from the European Central Bank website, ask for money
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption