- Latest Firefox version adds protection against rogue SSL certificates
- One more time: Use two-factor authentication on iCloud, even if there's a waiting period
- US Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
digital economy - News, Features, and Slideshows
digital economy in pictures
International cyber crime police work is being hampered by data sovereignty laws, according to Australian Federal Police’s national manager of high tech crime operations, Tim Morris.
Australia took another step toward “fair use” copyright reform with a paper released this week by the Australian Law Reform Commission, but implementation of the ALRC’s recommendations is not yet a sure thing.
Parliament House in Canberra was buzzing this week as National ICT Australia (NICTA) exhibited the latest broadband, digital economy and technology innnovations. NICTA partnerships with Sydney Water and Infosys were launched on the day.
With the federal election coming in September, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) is continuing to push for national curriculum reform, saying that there needs to be more support for teachers in ICT and efforts to promote tertiary study of technology among high school students.
Federal and state government agencies in Australia have yet to realise cloud computing’s role in the digital economy and should look to the example set by service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), according to an Australian analyst.
The Federal Government has called on industry to grow its online presence and e–commerce facilities to help boost Australia’s digital economy.
- Rocket Fuel latest programmatic ad tech vendor to come to Australia
- Apple partners with Mastercard and Visa on mobile wallet
- Skills and silos still inhibiting leading Aussie brands from being modern marketers
- Deloitte describes four-step model for customer-led marketing
- Melbourne Cricket Ground to give away pies during Beacon trial