- Attackers target subdomains of GoDaddy customers
- FTSE 100 firms swamped by Facebook and Twitter imposters, study finds
- China says new cybersurveillance proposal follows US security practices
- Volvo CIO: Data privacy is now a priority alongside car security and safety
- Drive-by attack relies on hacked GoDaddy accounts
development platforms - News, Features, and Slideshows
development platforms in pictures
For the opening of its largest user conference in recent memory, IBM wanted to show attendees the power of Cloud computing and the Internet of Things. So it asked everyone in the MGM Grand auditorium to don a plastic wristband with an embedded chip and some LED lights.
Microsoft wants to help Android, iOS and Windows apps run offline as well as online, offering a way to improve app responsiveness and functionality when network coverage is bad or non-existent.
Dropbox, the sync-and-share startup so popular it essentially created a market category, is finally, finally opening up to become an enterprise platform with the launch of a new Dropbox for Business API that enables team-level app management and integration with third-party services.
Some fairly large Internet services are pressing into production Facebook's open-source PHP runtime engine after being impressed with the performance metrics for the alternative to the ubiquitous open-source PHP package used across the Web.
To fill out its cloud services portfolio with policy and auditing controls, Ericsson is acquiring a majority stake in San Francisco enterprise services company Apcera.
Software developer Christopher Shockey saw the first signs of trouble in late 2008. A sales rep who had always represented Web application development provider Coghead was now calling on behalf of Coghead's much larger rival Salesforce.com.
- EU countries agree on watered-down roaming and net neutrality plans
- Can a Barcelona romance bring Wi-Fi and cells together?
- Galaxy S6 pricing slips out: $780 unlocked, at least in Spain
- One year later, we're no closer to finding MtGox's missing millions
- Momentum grows around Microsoft's Windows 10 for phones
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu
- The visible expert: How to create industry stars, and why every CMO should care
- Twitter CFO floats idea of newspaper-like 'daily edition'
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived