department of defence - News, Features, and Slideshows
Despite the Department of Defence investing $37 million since 2008 in upgrading the core IT systems at the agency responsible for assigning security clearance for a significant number of government employees and contractors, those systems still lack "reliability and functionality".
The First Principles Review of Defence released today by the government has identified a "costly and complex" application landscape within the Defence Department as a source of waste and inefficiencies.
A Department of Defence e-health project ended up costing $110 million more than budgeted and was delivered three years late, according to a new Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) report.
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) has rolled out a re-developed version of its OnSecure website for state, territory and federal government IT professionals.
ISI will support and manage the Department of Defence’s mainframe environment under an eight-year contract worth $31 million. Lockheed Martin Australia awarded ISI the contract, which is part of Defence’s massive data centre consolidation program.
Computerworld Australia got the chance to meet and chat with Department of Defence chief technical officer, Matt Yannopoulos, on the state of ICT reform within the department, the opportunity for consumer applications on the warfield and the difficulty of finding the right ICT personnel for the agency.
- Netgear launches its first Cloud-based IT service platform
- Gazal Telecom ends up on ASIC wind up list
- Technology is not the biggest security problem: CompTIA
- Huawei Australia and the Canberra Raiders get behind Bowel Cancer Australia
- Public safety technology is central to becoming a smart city: Hitachi Data Systems
- Workday spans finance and HR with real-time planning tool
- Update: Google, Microsoft, Oracle back new R Consortium at Linux Foundation
- AllSeen cuts the ribbon on a bridge to other IoT worlds
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, June 30
- With a month to go, Microsoft issues new Windows 10 build with Edge browser brand
- Report: Aussie CMOs strive for customer centricity but hindered by pace of change
- Microsoft hands some of the reins for its display ad business to AOL
- Why Open Colleges, Virgin Mobile are backing a new tool for brand advocacy
- Digital marketers look for behavioral triggers
- Can brand builders do well and do good?