The Department of Defence has carried out trials employing IBM’s cognitive computing platform, Watson, Mohan Aiyaswami this morning told a Cebit eGovernment conference in Sydney.
department of defence - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Department of Defence has extended its regional ICT services agreement with Unisys until October 2018.
The government will spend between $300 million and $400 million on boosting the Defence’s ‘cyber’ capabilities, as part of the new Defence White Paper unveiled today.
The government will earmark an additional $5 billion to fix what it says is underinvestment in Defence’s ICT systems over the last decade.
The Department of Defence is seeking a number of senior IT executives to join its Chief Information Officers Group.
Computerworld Australia got the chance to meet and chat with Department of Defence chief technical officer, Matt Yannopoulos, on the state of ICT reform within the department, the opportunity for consumer applications on the warfield and the difficulty of finding the right ICT personnel for the agency.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Check your Future Risk
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.