The Department of Defence has carried out trials employing IBM’s cognitive computing platform, Watson, Mohan Aiyaswami this morning told a Cebit eGovernment conference in Sydney.
department of defence - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Department of Defence has extended its regional ICT services agreement with Unisys until October 2018.
The government will spend between $300 million and $400 million on boosting the Defence’s ‘cyber’ capabilities, as part of the new Defence White Paper unveiled today.
The government will earmark an additional $5 billion to fix what it says is underinvestment in Defence’s ICT systems over the last decade.
The Department of Defence is seeking a number of senior IT executives to join its Chief Information Officers Group.
Computerworld Australia got the chance to meet and chat with Department of Defence chief technical officer, Matt Yannopoulos, on the state of ICT reform within the department, the opportunity for consumer applications on the warfield and the difficulty of finding the right ICT personnel for the agency.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW