The Department of Defence has carried out trials employing IBM’s cognitive computing platform, Watson, Mohan Aiyaswami this morning told a Cebit eGovernment conference in Sydney.
department of defence - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Department of Defence has extended its regional ICT services agreement with Unisys until October 2018.
The government will spend between $300 million and $400 million on boosting the Defence’s ‘cyber’ capabilities, as part of the new Defence White Paper unveiled today.
The government will earmark an additional $5 billion to fix what it says is underinvestment in Defence’s ICT systems over the last decade.
The Department of Defence is seeking a number of senior IT executives to join its Chief Information Officers Group.
Computerworld Australia got the chance to meet and chat with Department of Defence chief technical officer, Matt Yannopoulos, on the state of ICT reform within the department, the opportunity for consumer applications on the warfield and the difficulty of finding the right ICT personnel for the agency.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs