Department of Communications - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia and Japan pledged to reduce international mobile roaming rates at the countries’ first ICT Policy Dialogue.
A report benchmarking the mobile networks in Australia has given high ratings to the country's three telco network operators. The report was released the same day the federal government released applications for a $100 million program that aims remedy poor mobile coverage in regional areas.
It’s time for the Triple Zero emergency phone number to accept more than voice calls, according to industry and consumer advocates who made submissions to the review of the national Triple Zero (000) operator.
The government’s $100 million Mobile Black Spot program will prioritise small communities and major transport routes for new mobile base stations in regional Australia, according to the director of the program.
The newly created Office of the Children’s e-Safety Commissioner will have the power to issue a notice to a cyberbully asking them to remove offending material from the Internet. If they do not comply, the Commissioner can refer the case to the police.
- Google to widen Maps' offline features
- Annual WITI Summit taps into awareness, frustration over lack of women in IT
- Google targets online wannabes with offline maps and lightweight browsers
- College kids to the rescue with IT support startup HelloTech
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year