Fibre services on the National Broadband Network (NBN) have been switched on in Hobart, Tasmania. Around 1800 premises in the area can now sign up for NBN services.
David Bartlett - News, Features, and Slideshows
David Bartlett, former Tasmanian premier, is championing the National Broadband Network (NBN) as a driver of digital disruption, but he says businesses aren’t ready for the opportunities it will bring.
IBM has released new software designed to cut energy costs by monitoring sensors inside of large buildings and flagging potential maintenance issues.
Newly instated minister for science, innovation and technology, David O’Byrne, is relying on a meeting with the Digital Futures Advisory Council this month to provide direction on the future of ICT in the state’s policy and economy.
Tasmanian Premier, David Bartlett, is expected to introduce legislation to the State Parliament today, enabling Tasmania to adopt an opt-out model for the remaining roll-out of the National Broadband Network (NBN) in the state.
The Tasmanian Premier and Minister for Innovation, Science and Technology, David Bartlett, has called on the State Opposition to educate Federal Liberal members on the benefits of the National Broadband Network (NBN) and to refute claims made by Shadow Communications Minister, Malcolm Turnbull.
A Liberal Party win in the Federal election on 21 August would be a disaster for the Tasmanian economy and risk thousands of jobs, according to the state's Premier, David Bartlett.
Tasmanian State Premier David Bartlett has committed to ask the Tasmanian NBN Company whether it would be feasible for Tasmanians to be required to opt-out from having the planned optic fibre cables connected to their premises -- reversing the current policy where they are required to opt-in.
Telstra may not be on the Tasmanian Government's list of possible Internet service providers when its contract with the telco ends next year according to state premier, David Bartlett.
Tasmanian Premier, David Bartlett, has taken responsibility for the state’s new ministry of Innovation, Science and Technology.
The leading political parties in Tasmania have backed the rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN) as a foundation for boosting economic fortunes in the leadup to the state's election.
Tasmania Police is to spend $800,000 an effort to extract greater value out of its mobile data terminals and Automatic Vehicle Locators.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing