- Public sector fails to tackle £20.6bn a year fraud using big data
- Cybercriminals have access to 100 zero-day flaws on any day, NSS Labs calculates
- Natwest website targeted in DDOS cyber attack
- DARPA makes finding software vulnerabilities fun
- Flashlight app vendor settles with FTC over privacy violations
- US faces major Internet image problem, former gov't official says
- MenuetOS inches towards 1.0
- Telstra hits 300 Mbps in LTE-A trial
- Black Friday bargains prompt consumers to self-gift iPad Air
- .xxx to launch porn search engine
Western Digital has unveiled its WD Black Dual Drive, which allows users to access ether a 120GB SSD for performance or a 1TB hard drive for archiving massive amounts of data.
Crucial last week joined the ranks of leading venders to announce it will be shipping DDR4 memory by the end of the year, but Intel and AMD aren't expected to begin supporting the new memory boards with their processors until late next year.
Western Digital demonstrated a 2.5-in laptop drive using HAMR recording technology that has the potential to increase areal density on disk platters five-fold.
The Internet Archive, a massive, publicly accessible online repository of everything on the World Wide Web, suffered major fire damage to one of its San Francisco facilities Wednesday night.
Western Digital has started shipping a 6TB, helium-filled hard drive that represents a 50 per cent increase in drive capacity over today's largest hard drives.
While resistive RAM's chances of crowding out NAND flash anytime soon are slim, the coming RAM wars mean mobile users are likely to have hundreds of gigabytes, or even a terabyte, of storage at their fingertips.
Some popular new tablets come equipped with storage expansion slots; others do not. Which is better?
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
Enterprise storage demands are reaching a critical point, and vendors are scrambling to develop new products to deal with the data deluge. We look at how these technologies will help manage the major pain points for storage administrators.
Music fans and major recording artists are adopting lossless audio file formats to keep copies of their music thats as close to a master recording as possible, leading to multi-terabyte-sized home music storage systems.
Whitepapers about Data storage
Enterprises, both small and big, are evaluating cloud computing and, in increasing numbers, are moving their IT infrastructure to the cloud. While deploying a cloud application, or subscribing to a cloud-based service, organisations can struggle with integrating with their existing enterprise applications. In this whitepaper, we give look at each type of integration and identify the associated functional area for each integration point.
For years, most companies have dealt with the evolving dynamics of data archiving by addressing an immediate need rather than building a long-term strategy. But over time, putting all information on costly storage is likely to be very expensive. This whitepaper explains why it’s time for organizations to start to strategically evaluate archive solutions for capabilities they need, both now and in the future. While no technology is future proof, an archiving solution can make you “future ready.”
FeedDemon is an easy-to-use RSS reader for Windows which will keep you informed with the latest news and information. The Google Reader Synchronization allows you ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- Distracted consumers spend less time on social than email marketing: Report
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- How to start the journey towards customer-centricity
- Gaining efficiency around search-based marketing: REA Group's keyword quest