- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Apple tech note illuminates purported 'backdoor' services
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- Adelaide security researcher nurturing students' love of a good hack
data sovereignty - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google hopes to ease lingering Australian concerns about data sovereignty as it makes a fresh play to get organisations to adopt its Drive cloud storage service, according to Kevin Ackhurst, managing director of Google Enterprise in Australia.
International cyber crime police work is being hampered by data sovereignty laws, according to Australian Federal Police’s national manager of high tech crime operations, Tim Morris.
Don’t let drama over data sovereignty dictate a business’s IT strategy, warn experts on privacy and cloud computing.
Enterprise information management software vendor OpenText has begun offering cloud services from the NTT Communications data centre in Sydney.
Australian users of Microsoft Azure voiced mixed levels of excitement at TechEd about next year’s planned opening of two local data centres.
Whitepapers about data sovereignty
While the US Patriot Act may make many headlines for the legal authority it bestows on US agencies to access data held in foreign countries, Australian companies need to be aware of similar legislation in both the US and Australia, according to security industry experts. Forrester senior analyst, Michael Barnes, said Australian companies were right to be wary of placing their data in the cloud as it could be accessed by US authorities using the Patriot Act. Read more.
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites