- Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
- Apple says iCloud flaw not at root of celebrity photo hack
- Apple blames leaked nude celebrity photos on 'targeted attack'
data sovereignty - News, Features, and Slideshows
True utility computing – where virtual machines are moved between competing service providers without an organisation's knowledge – is coming soon, according to Vic Winkler, CTO at data security provider Covata.
Google hopes to ease lingering Australian concerns about data sovereignty as it makes a fresh play to get organisations to adopt its Drive cloud storage service, according to Kevin Ackhurst, managing director of Google Enterprise in Australia.
International cyber crime police work is being hampered by data sovereignty laws, according to Australian Federal Police’s national manager of high tech crime operations, Tim Morris.
Don’t let drama over data sovereignty dictate a business’s IT strategy, warn experts on privacy and cloud computing.
Enterprise information management software vendor OpenText has begun offering cloud services from the NTT Communications data centre in Sydney.
Whitepapers about data sovereignty
While the US Patriot Act may make many headlines for the legal authority it bestows on US agencies to access data held in foreign countries, Australian companies need to be aware of similar legislation in both the US and Australia, according to security industry experts. Forrester senior analyst, Michael Barnes, said Australian companies were right to be wary of placing their data in the cloud as it could be accessed by US authorities using the Patriot Act. Read more.
- Google Enterprise becomes Google for Work
- MSPs are in an increasingly fragmented environment: GFI Max
- Dicker Data net profit down 43 per cent in full year results
- Don’t forget devices in unified communications sales: Jabra
- Australian bitcoin company launches first online exchange in United Arab Emirates