A recent scan of the Queensland government’s Internet gateway revealed the use of thousands of instances of cloud services across departments — and in many cases the ICT teams of the departments are unaware that the services are being used.
data sovereignty - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian government should work through international forums such as APEC and trade negotiations to remove unnecessary restrictions on the flow of data between nations, according to a new Productivity Commission research report.
Amid ongoing disclosures about the unsavory scope of U.S. and British intelligence-gathering programs, Australian policymakers have championed protectionist policies designed to restrict the flow of data across the country’s borders and lock foreign technology providers out of its domestic market.
Optus has joined Microsoft's Cloud OS Network, the telco announced today. The move means that Optus can offer services based on Microsoft's Cloud Platform.
IT analysts have welcomed Microsoft’s decision to deliver Office 365 and Dynamics customer relationship management (CRM) in two Australian data centres from 2015, saying it will alleviate fears about data sovereignty in the cloud.
Whitepapers about data sovereignty
While the US Patriot Act may make many headlines for the legal authority it bestows on US agencies to access data held in foreign countries, Australian companies need to be aware of similar legislation in both the US and Australia, according to security industry experts. Forrester senior analyst, Michael Barnes, said Australian companies were right to be wary of placing their data in the cloud as it could be accessed by US authorities using the Patriot Act. Read more.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Check your Future Risk
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today