Two SAS data scientists will offer up their services to mentor science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) students in 2016 as part of an initiative by LifeJourney Australia.
data scientists - News, Features, and Slideshows
Organisations who want to make use of cyber security analytics should build up a team of data scientists to complement their information security team, according to PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) Australia partner Michael Cerny.
Many global organisations have failed to implement a data management strategy but will have to as IT leaders need to support big data volumes, velocity and variety, according to a new Gartner report.
As more enterprises invest in big data, 960,000 new IT jobs will be created in the Asia-Pacific region in the next three years, but only one-third of these big data roles will be filled due to a skills shortage, according to a Gartner analyst.
Analysis of customer data is being used for competitive advantage by companies around the world, but a high number of vacancies for data scientists, particularly in the US, could mean challenges ahead as more companies look to use big data, according to the findings of a new IBM survey.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!