- Too many healthcare employees complacent about security
- Advertising network takes on malvertisers
- PornDroid ransomware trojan tries Material Design to boost payments
- To scare people better, Android ransomware gets a snazzy UI
- Hack-proof drones offer antidote for IoT security “naiveté”: NICTA researcher
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
The outline of a program to help defray the costs to telecommunications providers of implementing data retention is expected to be made public in November.
If a key recommendation of a parliamentary inquiry is implemented, the Australian Taxation Office will able to gain warrant-free access to so-called 'metadata' retained under the government's data retention scheme.
Acting information commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has reminded telcos of their privacy obligations when it comes to retaining customer information in order to comply with the government's data retention regime.
Access to Telstra customer data by law enforcement agencies increased in FY 14-15, the telco revealed in its latest transparency report.
A government scheme to offset the cost to telcos of implementing their data retention obligations is still a work in progress.