- The week in security: The end of Flash ads; Bounty offered as Ashley Madison fallout continues
- 'KeyRaider' iOS malware targets jailbroken devices
- Russian-speaking hackers breach 97 websites, many of them dating ones
- US agency to seek consensus on divisive, volatile topic of security vulnerability disclosures
- Ashley Madison CEO quits, company says they're adjusting to breach
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
Acting information commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has reminded telcos of their privacy obligations when it comes to retaining customer information in order to comply with the government's data retention regime.
Access to Telstra customer data by law enforcement agencies increased in FY 14-15, the telco revealed in its latest transparency report.
A government scheme to offset the cost to telcos of implementing their data retention obligations is still a work in progress.
Attorney-General George Brandis has condemned Labor after a motion at the party's conference called for a review of data retention laws.
Communications Alliance CEO John Stanton has called on the federal government to extend the deadline for ISPs to develop data retention implementation plans.