- Symantec: Well-heeled hacking group Black Vine behind Anthem breach
- Maliciously crafted MKV video files can be used to crash Android phones
- Russian hackers use Twitter to mask sneaky data theft
- Partner-driven Australian security market drives world-leading growth for ESET
- No building access card? No problem if you have new Def Con tools
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
Attorney-General George Brandis has condemned Labor after a motion at the party's conference called for a review of data retention laws.
Communications Alliance CEO John Stanton has called on the federal government to extend the deadline for ISPs to develop data retention implementation plans.
The government has indicated that guidelines for the grants program designed to help telco’s implement their data retention obligations are on their way, but will offer scant details on the precise timing of the scheme.
The Attorney-General's Department has warned Internet service providers they must start preparing to meet their new obligations under the data retention regime, but the government is yet to spell out some important details of how the policy will operate.
Justin Clacherty of policy advocate group Futurewise has lambasted the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Amendment (Data Retention) Act 2015 as a form of mass surveillance.