The Greens will push for a Digital Rights Commissioner to be added to the Australian Human Rights Commission, the party said today.
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
The assessment process for telcos’ applications for financial assistance to help defray the costs of data retention remains ongoing, with any decisions on final payouts to be decided by the incoming government after the federal election
The journalists' union has condemned as an attack on press freedom raids staged overnight by the Australian Federal Police.
It’s close to a year since the Coalition government with the support of Labor pushed the data retention legislation through parliament, and the regime kicked in in October. However, telcos remain in the dark about how much funding they will receive to compensate for the cost of implementing the regime, according to Communications Alliance.
The Australian Federal Police has indicated it is not able to answer a series of data retention related questions posed to the organisation by independent Senator Nick Xenophon as part of the latest round of Senate Estimates hearings.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.