It’s close to a year since the Coalition government with the support of Labor pushed the data retention legislation through parliament, and the regime kicked in in October. However, telcos remain in the dark about how much funding they will receive to compensate for the cost of implementing the regime, according to Communications Alliance.
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police has indicated it is not able to answer a series of data retention related questions posed to the organisation by independent Senator Nick Xenophon as part of the latest round of Senate Estimates hearings.
There has been a mixed reception from business to a draft government bill that would implement a mandatory data breach notification scheme.
Coalition and Labor Senators yesterday combined to quash a Greens motion that called on the government to wind back the data retention scheme.
A new Australian organisation aims to build a broader fight-back around digital civil liberties.
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now