The journalists' union has condemned as an attack on press freedom raids staged overnight by the Australian Federal Police.
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
It’s close to a year since the Coalition government with the support of Labor pushed the data retention legislation through parliament, and the regime kicked in in October. However, telcos remain in the dark about how much funding they will receive to compensate for the cost of implementing the regime, according to Communications Alliance.
The Australian Federal Police has indicated it is not able to answer a series of data retention related questions posed to the organisation by independent Senator Nick Xenophon as part of the latest round of Senate Estimates hearings.
There has been a mixed reception from business to a draft government bill that would implement a mandatory data breach notification scheme.
Coalition and Labor Senators yesterday combined to quash a Greens motion that called on the government to wind back the data retention scheme.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW