- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Senate yesterday backed a motion introduced by Greens Senator Scott Ludlam that called on the government to explain delays in introducing a mandatory data breach notification scheme.
Civil liberties advocacy group Electronic Frontiers Australia has called on Attorney-General George Brandis to reject the majority of the organisations that have sought ongoing authorisation to access telecommunications data without a warrant.
A document released under freedom of information legislation has revealed the breadth of federal and state agencies seeking authorisation to access telecommunications data covered by the government’s data retention scheme.
Internet Australia has reiterated concerns over the gap between the expected cost to the telecommunications sector of implementing data retention and the government funding being made available to telcos and ISPs.
Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) is seeking temporary authorisation to access telecommunications information covered by the data retention regime, a spokesperson for the South Australian government department has confirmed.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- Forrester: Marketers using an average of 5 social channels for marketing
- Innovation challenge results in new customer ordering app prototype for Village Cinemas
- CMO interview: The new digital travel experience
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 11 February
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation