- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- Retailers warned to act now to protect against Backoff malware
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- Kenneth van Wyk: Why do we keep relearning the same security lessons again and again?
- New malvertising campaign hit visitors of several high-profile sites
Data Centre - News, Features, and Slideshows
Data Centre in pictures
The Department of Human Services (DHS) has tendered for testing and network infrastructure to benchmark and validate changes to its data centre to support the integration of Centrelink, Medicare and CRS Australia.
SoftLayer will launch its first Australian data centre next month in Melbourne, the cloud provider and its parent IBM have announced.
The 2014 financial year was "a pivotal year in NextDC's short history" which has reached a "critical inflection point" according to the data centre provider's CEO, Craig Scroggie.
Global Switch has unveiled a new $300 million data centre called Sydney East to complement its existing facility, Sydney West, in Sydney’s central business district.
New South Wales Minister for Finance and Services, Dominic Perrottet, officially launched the second stage of Metronode’s Silverwater data centre today.
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
Environmental issues exposed by the media and driven by consumers have placed IT departments under pressure to develop "green" data centers. Factors including the reduction of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in large data centers often provide the impetus for becoming green. A recent report issued by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) highlights the need for data center efficiency and demonstrates the increased pressure that IT departments are under.
Protecting a corporate data center is like trying to keep an elephant safe from a swarm of flies. Despite your best efforts, bites happen. As the staples of security -- such as firewalls, antivirus software, spam and spyware filters -- come together in suites of products that allow for sophisticated management, there are other security tools either emerging or worth a rethink.
You've heard about data centers in shipping containers. But how about a data center in a tent? And in rainy Seattle?
Whitepapers about Data Centre
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert data centres from cost centres into producers of business value. This paper demonstrates, through a series of examples, how data centre infrastructure management software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery. · Data centres can make a significant impact to the bottom line by enabling the business to respond more quickly to market demands · The systems which allow management to leverage real savings consist of modern data centre physical infrastructure (i.e., power and cooling) management software tools · Some data centre operators do not use any physical infrastructure management tools. This can be risky
- Exclusive: HP EVP lays out strategy at HP World Tour 2014 (+51 photos)
- Security Operations Centre in Sydney to grow into APJ hub: Symantec
- Federal government injects $8.4 billion to NBN
- Fibre, Ethernet key to Vocus’ $13.6m record profit
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria
- How PaaS is helping Voltswagon to deliver customer leads on mobile
- Baskin-Robbins appoints new marketing chief and plans customer loyalty overhaul
- Qantas Loyalty won't be sold off, confirms Joyce
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy