- DARPA makes finding software vulnerabilities fun
- Flashlight app vendor settles with FTC over privacy violations
- Apple knows where shoppers are in its stores with nationwide iBeacon rollout
- NSA cites Reagan-era executive order to justify collection of cellphone location data
- NSA spies on Italians from roof of US Embassy in Rome, magazine reports
- MenuetOS inches towards 1.0
- Senate orders release of Coalition's NBN review
- Brandis quizzed over PM's understanding of metadata
- Black Friday bargains prompt consumers to self-gift iPad Air
- US faces major Internet image problem, former gov't official says
Data Centre in pictures
Yieldbroker, Australian and New Zealand electronic marketplace, has signed on as a tenant at the ASX Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC) data centre in Sydney.
Digital Realty Trust CEO Michael Foust and Victorian Minister for Technology Gordon Rich-Phillips were on hand to open the data centre operator’s second Tier III facility in Melbourne at Deer Park. The 8690 square metre data centre has four 1440 kW data halls. It forms part of the company’s $150 million investment in Victoria.
Going private will give Dell the “passion and energy” of a technology startup, said Dell's vice president for Australia and New Zealand, Joe Kremer.
Perth-based IT services company ASG Group (ASX: ASZ) has confirmed that several parties have expressed interest in buying its data centre.
Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull unveiled NextDC’s new S1 facility in Sydney recently. The $150 million five storey co-location data centre will provide 5600 metres of space to government and enterprise customers.
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
Environmental issues exposed by the media and driven by consumers have placed IT departments under pressure to develop "green" data centers. Factors including the reduction of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in large data centers often provide the impetus for becoming green. A recent report issued by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) highlights the need for data center efficiency and demonstrates the increased pressure that IT departments are under.
Protecting a corporate data center is like trying to keep an elephant safe from a swarm of flies. Despite your best efforts, bites happen. As the staples of security -- such as firewalls, antivirus software, spam and spyware filters -- come together in suites of products that allow for sophisticated management, there are other security tools either emerging or worth a rethink.
You've heard about data centers in shipping containers. But how about a data center in a tent? And in rainy Seattle?
Whitepapers about Data Centre
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
As users bring multiple devices to the workplace, IT departments need to have a single view of all their mobile devices. Find out how to build a secure and reliable management platform for next generation mobile computing across multiple platforms. Click for more!
ClamWin Free Antivirus is an open source GPL virus scanner for Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Me / 2000 / 98 and ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- Distracted consumers spend less time on social than email marketing: Report
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- How to start the journey towards customer-centricity
- Gaining efficiency around search-based marketing: REA Group's keyword quest