- Personal data on 50,000 Uber drivers exposed in breach
- White House privacy proposal aims to give consumers control over data
- Lenovo to flush 'crapware' from its consumer PCs after Superfish sin
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
Data Centre - News, Features, and Slideshows
Data Centre in pictures
NEXTDC (ASX: NXT) has recorded its first positive earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of $3 million for the half year ended 31 December 2014.
NEXTDC (ASX: NXT) customers will be able to connect to Microsoft's Azure cloud from NEXTDC data centres in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth during the second quarter of 2015.
Digital Realty Trust is working to get its Sydney and Melbourne data centres certified to meet the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) for data centres rating.
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) is set to buy two data centres from Enterprise Data Corporation (EDC) for $23.5 million.
Asia Pacific Stock Exchange (APX) has launched a trading platform at Equinix’s Sydney data centre, SY1, so that its overseas customers can do business in the Australian market.
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
Environmental issues exposed by the media and driven by consumers have placed IT departments under pressure to develop "green" data centers. Factors including the reduction of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in large data centers often provide the impetus for becoming green. A recent report issued by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) highlights the need for data center efficiency and demonstrates the increased pressure that IT departments are under.
Protecting a corporate data center is like trying to keep an elephant safe from a swarm of flies. Despite your best efforts, bites happen. As the staples of security -- such as firewalls, antivirus software, spam and spyware filters -- come together in suites of products that allow for sophisticated management, there are other security tools either emerging or worth a rethink.
You've heard about data centers in shipping containers. But how about a data center in a tent? And in rainy Seattle?
Whitepapers about Data Centre
This report demonstrates how enterprises can leverage their existing footprint of market-leading application delivery controllers for both instrumentation and policy enforcement. · The ability to observe, diagnose, and subsequently improve the performance of business-critical applications is essential · The challenge of establishing an effective application visibility and control function is only growing as tech trends become more widespread · A next-generation application visibility solution can efficiently and economically deliver unprecedented insight into virtual desktops, mobile and cloud services
- Acer going all in with Windows 10 smartphones
- LG's own smartwatch OS shows promise, but hardware leaves a lot to be desired
- Hands on: HP's Spectre X360 hybrid boots lightning fast, performs remarkably
- HTC One M9 revealed ahead of official launch
- Acer's new low-cost handset will be upgradeable to Windows 10
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week