- Lizard Squad hacker draws suspended sentence for online attacks
- Adobe whips up patch for Hacking Team’s Flash 0-day attack
- Security Watch: Symantec appoints new local MD
- OwnCloud's new encryption framework gives enterprises more flexibility
- Law enforcement backdoors open corporate networks to criminals
cyberwarfare - News, Features, and Slideshows
Any effort to rein in the National Security Agency after its widespread spy activities were revealed in leaked documents must focus on more than simply limiting what personal data can be collected.
The remarkable success that Chinese state-sponsored groups have had in infiltrating U.S. government, military and corporate networks in recent years should not be mistaken as a sign of growing technical superiority over the U.S. in cyberspace, security experts said.
Applying Big Data approaches to information security can help enterprises build better situational awareness capabilities, but implementation could prove to be a major challenge, security experts said at the RSA Conference 2013 being held here this week.
China is by far the most aggressive, but not the only, country attempting the sort of extensive cyberespionage described in security firm Mandiant's dramatic report, released this week.
More DDoS attacks on banks, cyberwarfare, and targeted attacks could well be in store in 2013, security experts warn.
If you are making a list of tech predictions for next year, as this story does, it may be a good idea to put the solar maximum on this list. The next one is expected in 2013, says NASA.
- Veritas reveals new company strategy
- Internet Plus will enable and encourage the rise of smart cities: Tencent
- Symantec appoints Ian McAdam as managing director for Pacific region
- Cryptowall 3.0 attacking Australian businesses: Stay Smart Online
- Psoda launches not-for-profit charity initiative in Australia
- Lenovo brings on Integral's ad tech intelligence to improve ad viewability
- Report: Aussie consumer brand advocacy for retailers at all-time low
- How SAP plans to bring analytics to soccer
- Citi taps new data source to personalise dining loyalty program
- Digital advertiser Netccentric raises $12.5m and floats on ASX