Cyberwar cynic Marcus Ranum, chief security officer of Tenable Security, reckons the notion of cyberwar is really a war on citizens' rights.
cyberwar - News, Features, and Slideshows
Rules of engagement between different countries should be established before a major Web-based attack takes place according to BT Group’s US chief security technology officer, Bruce Schneier.
On 28 August Iranian citizens were subjected to a far reaching cyber snooping operation made possible by an attack on Dutch certificate authority DigiNotar.
Countries will continue to press the envelope to determine how much damage can be inflicted before the United States declares a cyberwar according to a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) associate.
Cyber warfare strategy is getting so sophisticated that network attacks suitable for major assaults are being used instead as trial runs meant solely to probe enemies with the aim of figuring out what their defenses are, an audience at an Interop security talk was told.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!