- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Apple tech note illuminates purported 'backdoor' services
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- Adelaide security researcher nurturing students' love of a good hack
CSIRO - News, Features, and Slideshows
CSIRO in pictures
Changes to higher education student fee systems and funding cuts to research organisations in this year's budget are a concern for some people in IT and science sectors that are struggling to find staff and money to innovate.
The government will slash funding for the Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) program by $80 million with a further $111.4 million being cut from the CSIRO – the organisation that invented WiFi – over the next four years.
AARNet’s customers - including 38 Australian universities and the CSIRO - will be able to collaborate further on research projects using a unified communications (UC) network hosted in the cloud.
Telehealth consultations will become far more common for people in regional Australia and help reduce the gap in health outcomes between people in Indigenous communities and the rest of Australia, a new CSIRO report predicts.
Police in Queensland will employ a CSIRO-developed 3D scanner to map crime scenes, the state government announced today.
A look inside Australia's newest supercomputing family member
Pictures from the CSIRO's ICT summit in China
Wireless LAN may have boosted the bottom line for the Commonwealth Science Information and Research Organisation (CSIRO), but the organisation has developed a range of technological marvels. We take a look at the latest breakthroughs.
An Australian developed algorithm has allowed researchers at the CSIRO to map -- for the first time -- Centaurus A, an enormous galaxy with a a supermassive black hole that is 50 million times the mass of our sun.
Two Queensland-based researchers have just finished working on an animal management system prototype, developed over the past six years, which uses computer software to tell the farming livestock from wild animals.
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites