CSIRO - News, Features, and Slideshows
CSIRO in pictures
Work on the Square Kilometre Array radio telescope is expected to produce a construction-ready design by the end of next year, according to Australian SKA project director David Luchetti. Construction is due to start in 2018.
CSIRO will be trialing an online privacy tool in March 2015 as part of a simulation exercise to evaluate the use of the technologies.
The $80 million Pawsey Supercomputing Centre in Western Australia has completed the final upgrade of its ‘Magnus’ machine, which provides processing power in excess of a petaflop.
The State Library of NSW is digitising its treasure trove of information assets created over the past 200 years so they can be accessed and shared online and on mobile devices.
Changes to higher education student fee systems and funding cuts to research organisations in this year's budget are a concern for some people in IT and science sectors that are struggling to find staff and money to innovate.
A look inside Australia's newest supercomputing family member
Pictures from the CSIRO's ICT summit in China
Wireless LAN may have boosted the bottom line for the Commonwealth Science Information and Research Organisation (CSIRO), but the organisation has developed a range of technological marvels. We take a look at the latest breakthroughs.
An Australian developed algorithm has allowed researchers at the CSIRO to map -- for the first time -- Centaurus A, an enormous galaxy with a a supermassive black hole that is 50 million times the mass of our sun.
Two Queensland-based researchers have just finished working on an animal management system prototype, developed over the past six years, which uses computer software to tell the farming livestock from wild animals.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking