coverage - News, Features, and Slideshows
The top three Australian carriers are spending billions upgrading their networks to high-speed 4G LTE services. Customers are just starting to see the new plans and rollout is expected to intensify through the year and well into 2013.
The government’s $100 million Mobile Black Spot program will prioritise small communities and major transport routes for new mobile base stations in regional Australia, according to the director of the program.
Melbourne Rail commuters travelling the City Loop will soon suffer fewer dropped calls when mobile coverage is switched on in the tunnel later this year.
The Supreme Court of Victoria has ruled that Telstra was right to complain about an Optus ad that claimed the reach of the Optus network was nearly the same as the Telstra network.
Telstra has taken Optus to court for allegedly exaggerating the coverage area of the Optus network in a TV ad.
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split