Cisco this week announced its intent to acquire ThreatGRID, a New York-based maker of malware analysis and threat intelligence technology.
corporate issues - News, Features, and Slideshows
Threat protection company FireEye Tuesday announced it's acquiring nPulse Technologies, a privately-held maker of high-speed packet-capture, network analysis and forensics gear, for $70 million in a cash-stock deal expected to close during the second quarter.
Microsoft completed its $7.2 billion acquisition of Nokia today, bringing on board Nokia's smartphones, its not-so-smart feature phones and a Windows RT tablet.
Vic Gundotra, the man behind Google Plus and one of Google's most prominent executives, announced today that he will leave the company "effective immediately."
New Hampshire-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service company Dyn announced today that it would purchase managed DNS provider Nettica. Terms were not disclosed.
Palo Alto Networks, known for its next-generation firewall, Monday said it is buying Israeli start-up Cyvera for about $200 million to gain access to its endpoint security product for real-time attack prevention. The deal is expected to close in a few weeks.
The chief strategist for Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential bid and the spark behind Microsoft's inspirational Super Bowl ad has been named Chief Strategy Officer in a shakeup of the company's inner circle announced today.
Just a month after Satya Nadella took over as Microsoft CEO the executive inner circle is being overhauled, with two key leaders leaving the company and a third assuming significant new power.
Juniper Networks, as promised, this week announced a new integrated operating plan (IOP) to refocus the company on high growth segments in the networking industry.
Microsoft's new CEO Satya Nadella has taken charge, but that's not the only thing new with the company's power structure.
Here are a few questions and answers about the leadership change.
VMware's purchase of AirWatch shows just how important the mobile device management market is for not only end users, but big technology companies too. The move - which at US$1.5 billion is the largest acquisition in company history – also sets VMware on a path to further diversity from its core virtualization and cloud computing markets and almost instantly become a major player in the mobile market.
Activist investor, Elliott Management, which last week made an unsolicited bid to buy Riverbed Technology, this week took a 6.2 per cent stake in Juniper Networks.
Brocade has named former Cisco and Juniper engineer Benson Schliesser as distinguished engineer, responsible for helping shape the company's network virtualization strategy.
VMware has named Ben Fathi as its CTO, filling a prominent executive position that has been vacant for more than a year.
Businesses customers of Microsoft's Dynamics CRM will be able to offer their customers more self-service options, at least that's the idea behind the company's plan to buy up Parature, which specializes in cloud-based customer engagement.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register