Aims to encourage legitimate use of online content
copyright - News, Features, and Slideshows
copyright in pictures
An application for a Federal Court injunction that will compel Telstra, Optus, TPG and Foxtel’s broadband arm to block customer access to Kickass Torrents will proceed for now despite the file-sharing site’s domains being seized and its alleged operator arrested.
The US has seized the domain names of file-sharing website Kickass Torrents and sought the extradition of the site’s alleged operator, Artem Vaulin, to face criminal charges.
The degree of ongoing court oversight involved in the blocking of pirate websites was a central disagreement as Village Roadshow, Foxtel and a group of ISPs returned to Federal Court in Sydney on Friday.
The cost of complying with an injunction compelling ISPs to block access to a number of pirate websites, the costs of legal proceedings, and how to deal with mirror and proxy sites are the key areas of difference between Foxtel and Village Roadshow on one side and a group of ISPs on the other, according to Richard Lancaster SC.
A group of music labels and licensing organisation APRA AMCOS are seeking a more limited form of website blocking than Foxtel and Village Roadshow in their efforts to curb piracy.
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be written.
We are standing in a parking lot in the city of Malmö, southern Sweden, one of the many places Peter Sunde now calls home. The sky above us is grey, as usual at this time of year. Just as the parking meter spits out our ticket, a young man driving much too fast on a motorcycle roars up behind us. He is followed by a police car, sirens blaring and blue lights flashing.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security