- Microsoft takes the ‘ass’ out of Glasshole with a people-blocker
- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
consumer electronics - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Moto X (2014) deep-dive review: Android done right -- again
- iPhone 6 review roundup -- the raves come quietly
- Why the entry-level iPhone 6 has just 16GB of storage
- iPhone 6 fans brave Dengue mosquitoes in Tokyo
consumer electronics in pictures
As the iPhone 6 series hits store shelves and users' pockets, professional opinions have been generally positive, if not breathlessly impressed. The overall reaction is probably best characterized as a "eh, they're pretty good."
What's an even bigger deal for Apple fans than getting the iPhone 6 on launch day? Talking a selfie with Apple CEO Tim Cook.
Apple's new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are slightly easier to repair than their forerunners, the iPhone 5C and 5S, iFixit said today after tearing apart the smartphones in Australia, where the devices first went on sale Friday.
Apple fans who stood in line for hours in hopes of buying the 5.5-in. iPhone 6 Plus were disappointed -- even perturbed -- to find none in stock at both the AT&T and Verizon stories in this college town west of Washington D.C.
Apple fans were out early in full force in Boston and New York Friday morning to buy the larger screen iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
Changing the voice used for navigation on an Android phone from robotic to something more natural is easy, but buried in the menus.
Using your smartphone or tablet to control your Tivo box is easy and offers a lot of flexibility in recording shows and channel surfing.
In my lifetime, music has been delivered on vinyl, cassettes, eight-track tapes, CDs, and audio DVDs. How do I listen to it now? Usually with a PC or a smartphone, and occasionally with an MP3 or other media player. I downloaded much of that music or ripped it from CDs, but the rest of it came from LPs and cassettes.
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
When users had unlimited data there was no reason to be concerned with how or where that data was being consumed. Since AT&T dropped unlimited data in favor of tiered data caps, though, users have struggled to understand data usage, and now AT&T is faced with a law suit accusing it of systematically overcharging customers.
The eagerly awaited iPhone 6 announced last week offers a larger screen, more processing power and -- in the base model -- the same 16GB of storage as the two-year-old iPhone 5.
A year is a long time in smartphone technology today, so remember if you can the changes that have taken place over the last decade.
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
Apple will restructure its 2014-15 iPhone portfolio today, analysts said, by dumping the iPhone 5C experiment but keeping the three-year-old iPhone 4S to sell at even lower prices in markets such as India.
Samsung's announcement of the Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge and especially the Gear VR virtual reality headset raised questions over whether the new devices can help correct the company's lackluster first half financials, which were partly blamed on slow Galaxy S 5 sales.
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- Microsoft to deploy new SharePoint solution for Local Government Association of Queensland