- Citadel financial malware used in attacking petrochemical companies
- NSA reform bill stalled with Congress headed toward fall recess
- Browser vulnerability caps rough few months for Android security
- US court throws out $368.2 million patent award against Apple
- Fear not: Kindle flaw that opened your Amazon account to attackers appears fixed
Configuration / maintenance - News, Features, and Slideshows
In Boyers, Pa., a recently opened 2,000-sq.-ft. data center has been purpose-built to protect against an electromagnetic pulse (EMP), either generated by a solar storm or a nuclear event.
CIOs are spending more on IT, worrying most about security and privacy, and staying on the job a little longer, according to the latest data from the Society for Information Management (SIM).
Cisco this week revamped its UCS server line with systems designed to scale form the largest cloud deployment to those with only up to 15 servers.
U.S. data centers are using more electricity than they need. It takes 34 power plants, each capable of generating 500 megawatts of electricity, to power all the data centers in operation today. By 2020, the nation will need another 17 similarly sized power plants to meet projected data center energy demands as economic activity becomes increasingly digital.
US datacentres use more electricity than they need, a new report finds, and IT managers are too cautious about managing power and businesses are unwilling to invest in energy conservation.
An easy step-by-step guide to the Bash command-line shell and shell scripting
Do private Clouds work? You bet they do, says Cisco, which has more than two years of experience under its belt with its Cisco IT Elastic Infrastructure Services (CITEIS) Cloud.
Microsoft just appointed its Cloud guy to be the company's next CEO. Satya Nadella has impressively grown Microsoft into being one of the relevant members of the cloud computing industry, but industry watchers say there is a lot more the company must do to grow into one of the dominant companies in the market.
, the open source software management company, picks the top 10 open source projects launched in the past year, based on stats collected from the
Between complex licenses and the cloud, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP have lots of ways to hike up prices. Here's how to fight back
In the past, we used to separate out categories for cell phones, tablets and computers. In theory, we still could create separate guides just for those products - there are so many options to choose from and not a week goes by where another phone, tablet or computer hits the market.
- OKI Data signs Dynamic Suppplies in Australian distribution deal
- NBN Co satellite ground station network nears completion
- Telstra launches communications initiatives for disabled Australians
- Australian Information Industry Association backs changes to ESOP
- Blackline appoints APAC GM to lead ambitious growth plan
- IBM Watson Analytics preps the data so you don't have to
- Adopting mobile marketing for the masses
- Report: Consumers worry more about privacy even as they share personal info online
- Anytime Fitness looks to bring on first CMO
- Don't drop leadership intuition for data analytics, says Accenture researcher