computer hardware - News, Features, and Slideshows
The computer industry's standard 7mm hard disk drive height (or thickness) is typically reserved for internal computer products that can survive with thinner cases.
Lenovo is recalling 500,000 power cords in the U.S. and 44,000 in Canada because they have the potential to overheat and catch fire. The company recommends that users stop using the power cord.
A 38-year-old working Apple-1 personal computer sold at auction for a record $US905,000, almost double the auctioneer's high-end estimate.
A survey of 100 top manufacturers revealed that two-thirds are using 3D printing, some for rapid prototyping and others for production or custom parts.
Matchstick, a startup out of San Jose, is planning to release an HDMI dongle that will compete with Chromecast but uses the Firefox OS and costs $25 instead of $35.
Overwhelmed by another hectic holiday season? Not to worry: We're here to help, with great technology gift suggestions for a range of budgets and tastes.
Insecure by design and trusted by default, embedded systems present security concerns that could prove crippling
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
Intel has barely made a dent in the mobile market, while ARM has been wildly successful. Does that spell doom for Intel -- or is ARM's triumph overblown?
Microsoft chairman praises Macintosh but never sees corporate buyers being a strong point for Apple
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities