computer hardware - News, Features, and Slideshows
The NAND flash technology that Toshiba introduced in 1989, making thumb drives, SSDs and your smartphone's memory possible, has finally reached a development dead end.
SanDisk announced today that it is manufacturing 256Gbit, 3-bit-per-cell (X3) 48-layer 3D NAND flash chips that offer twice the capacity of the next densest memory.
Intel and Micron this week unveiled a new type of memory they plan to mass produce that is purportedly 1,000 times faster than NAND flash and has 1,000 times the endurance.
Computer fires severe enough to prompt a 911 call are so unusual that when it does happen, local media sometimes makes note of it. That was the case in Arlington, Va., recently, when firefighters found a computer burning on the balcony of an apartment complex.
A reported buyout attempt by China's largest computer chip maker of U.S. based Micron Technology isn't likely to succeed, according to industry analysts.
Overwhelmed by another hectic holiday season? Not to worry: We're here to help, with great technology gift suggestions for a range of budgets and tastes.
Insecure by design and trusted by default, embedded systems present security concerns that could prove crippling
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
Intel has barely made a dent in the mobile market, while ARM has been wildly successful. Does that spell doom for Intel -- or is ARM's triumph overblown?
Microsoft chairman praises Macintosh but never sees corporate buyers being a strong point for Apple
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation
- Virgin customer loyalty program, initiatives help deliver solid first-half results
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- 6 lessons in CRM project management: What brands would do differently next time
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer