- Your living room is vulnerable to cyber attacks
- Three easy ways to separate work and play on the same PC
- Spammers top spoofing targets are still finance and travel industries
- Hold the phone: iMessage spam not all it's cracked up to be
- What happened to the Flashback Trojan? Turns out US universities are still riddled with it
computer hardware - News, Features, and Slideshows
InfoWorld's 2014 Technology of the Year Award winners recognize the best tools and technologies for developers, IT pros, and businesses
Germany's Der Spiegel reports that the NSA has compromised a wide range of hardware for years to enable its spying
For nearly $US1000, you get something more than an iPad but less than a laptop
InfoWorld's 2013 Technology of the Year Award winners stretch from devices and desktops to data centers and beyond
Apple co-founder talks about growing smartphone market, reflects on Apple's past
Insecure by design and trusted by default, embedded systems present security concerns that could prove crippling
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
Intel has barely made a dent in the mobile market, while ARM has been wildly successful. Does that spell doom for Intel -- or is ARM's triumph overblown?
Microsoft chairman praises Macintosh but never sees corporate buyers being a strong point for Apple
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
- Inexpensive Windows PCs hitting the market with help from Microsoft
- Study disputes predictions of coming spectrum crunch
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch