US companies are moving away from the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend that kicked off in earnest five years ago and had workers using their personal smartphones and tablets for work duties, according to a new study.
comptia - News, Features, and Slideshows
The pejorative that IT is the "department of "no" may no longer be true -- if it ever really was.
Seminole State College in Sanford Fla., near Orlando, graduates about 70 students annually with two-year degrees in its programming and networking programs. Local tech firms have helped to shape the college's courses.
In 2001, the tech industry employed 6.5 million people. Then the bubble burst, and payrolls shrank dramatically.
CompTIA, a 32-year-old tech industry group best known for its IT certifications, is broadening access to it resources by making them free.
Sheryl Sandberg's belief that the women's revolution has 'stalled' and that 'men still run the world' may be true for the tech industry. Women are rejecting IT as a career.
If Congress doesn't avert the fiscal impasse, automatic budget cuts could reduce federal IT spending by $66 billion in the fiscal year that began Oct. 1, according to an analysis by the industry group CompTIA.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.