communications - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra has announced plans to offer its cloud-based communications platform, Whispir Conversation, to overseas customers by 31 August 2014.
Incident response calls at ANZ Banking Group were “chaotic” due to manual processes and the time it took for calls to begin until the bank began to roll out a communications management tool earlier this year.
Australians can now have digital messages from myGov forwarded to an Australia Post digital mailbox under a trial by the Department of Human Services.
We all know what a picture's worth. These websites use graphics to display everything from Twitter traffic to births and deaths, in ways that truly drive home what words alone cannot.
Queensland Gas Corporation (QGC) has chosen Motorola Solutions to manage and support network operations for a liquefied natural gas project in southern Queensland.
Australia’s National Safety Agency (NSA) has built a mobile command centre that overcomes interoperability problems which have historically hindered coordination between different public safety and law enforcement bodies during major disasters.
Queensland Gas Corporation has finished implementation of a dedicated communications network for a liquefied natural gas project in southern QLD.
Labor’s construction model for the NBN “could be legitimately criticised”, according to former Communications Minister Stephen Conroy.
The Victorian government will spend $24.6 million to provide 6000 GPS-enabled radios to firefighters in the state.
Senator Kate Lundy supports legislation requiring minimum accessibility standards for content and communications services.
A next-generation, national disaster management platform under development will be interoperable and based on open standards.
The Australian communications and media sector will spend $5.7 billion this year, up from $5.5 billion this year, IDC predicted in a market report released today.
Switching telecommunications providers helped Pieroth Wines to streamline its operations in Australia while cutting its monthly phone bill by several thousand dollars.
An Australian-developed wireless car-to-car communication system designed to prevent car accidents could soon appear in vehicles around the world and possibly new prototypes that don't require drivers.
Visionstream has secured a $21 million contract for the West Gate Freeway managed motorway project.
- The software-defined datacentre is best in moving to the Cloud, says VMware’s Minhazuddin
- Fujitsu delves into the IoT space with new end-to-end solution for A/NZ
- Fujitsu launches dedicated security practice in A/NZ
- Dicker Data just misses breaking $1 billion mark in revenue for FY2014
- Liquid business environments are essential for company growth: VMware
- Google to widen Maps' offline features
- Annual WITI Summit taps into awareness, frustration over lack of women in IT
- Google targets online wannabes with offline maps and lightweight browsers
- College kids to the rescue with IT support startup HelloTech
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year
- Why GoDaddy needs a CMO and a chief customer officer
- Brand refresh helps TravelEdge clarify growth strategy
- Optus: Digital is not a technology, it's a way of working
- Chief customer officer: Threat to the CMO, or the ultimate modern marketer?
- Judge classifies as class action an email scanning lawsuit against Yahoo