Communications Alliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Communications Alliance has welcomed the federal government's Cyber Security Review, saying that historic developments have left Australia with a large number of government departments and agencies with overlapping cyber security responsibilities.
The Internet Society of Australia and industry group Communications Alliance have urged caution on the government's new anti-piracy scheme. Under the government's plan, ISPs can be compelled to block websites associated with copyright infringement.
An Internet of Things think tank created by Communications Alliance will look for ways to create an ecosystem in Australia that promotes IoT and a digital world.
The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) has argued that consumers shouldn’t have to pay $25 to challenge a false claim made by a copyright holder as it is a “fine by stealth.”
Chief executives from Australia's largest telcos have called for the government to spell out its contribution to the costs of establishing a data retention regime.
- Dave Goldberg, entrepreneur and husband of Facebook's Sandberg, dies
- ACLU: NSA phone dragnet should be killed not amended
- Antivirus test labs call out Chinese security company as cheat
- Linksys WRT1200AC: A fast, full-featured, open-source-friendly router
- Microsoft woos developers with SDK for Band fitness tracker
- Qantas to launch virtual reality film of Great Barrier Reef
- Starcom and ZenithOptimedia integrate programmatic trading desks
- Oracle: Marketers must create a digital dialogue with consumers
- How Fortnum and Mason got 20% more customers to check out with open-source site
- Freeview appoints Scot Mota as marketing director