commonwealth bank - News, Features, and Slideshows
A focus on productivity and technology helped drive the Commonwealth Bank's investment spend to $1.25 billion for FY15. That figure represents an increase of 5 per cent on the prior year.
The NSW Crime Commission has launched court action against a former Commonwealth Bank IT executive alleged to have accepted kickbacks worth millions for awarding contracts to US company ServiceMesh.
A Samsung Galaxy S4 is no longer required to tap and pay using the Commonwealth Bank mobile app for Android.
The Commonwealth Bank has announced statutory net profit after tax of $4.535 billion for the half year ending 31 December, up 8 per cent compared to the half ending December 2013.
Leading on technology is a “life-and-death matter” for Commonwealth Bank, according to CEO Ian Narev.
Security concerns have delayed the release of Commonwealth Bank’s Android-based EFTPOS terminal, CBA executives have revealed.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has beefed up its mobile wallet offering with three additions to the app, including one that enables consumers to withdraw cash using their smartphones from 3,000 of the bank’s ATMs.
Commonwealth Bank (CBA) has rolled out mobile payment technology at 17 Australian schools, in a program it claimed is a world first.
Physical wallets and paying with cash or credit and debit cards will be (mostly) a thing of the past in less than a decade if the results of a survey sponsored by the Commonwealth Bank are to be believed.
Not to be outdone by one of its fiercest competitors, Commonwealth Bank (CBA) today unveiled an enhanced app using near-field communication (NFC) technology that allows users to bank and pay for products and services with their mobile phone.
Stickers for contactless payments got a major boost today as Coles and Commonwealth Bank separately announced small payment tags designed to attach to a user’s smartphone.
Adopting cloud or utility computing models can ease the pain for organisations analysing large amounts unstructured and structured data to gain insights that improve their competitiveness.
The Commonwealth Bank (CBA) has lauded its seven-year technology transformation project as a key reason for significant improvements in system reliability, reporting an 83 per cent drop in “high impact incidents” between FY07 and FY13.
Social media can make financial institutions seem less dull and better engage customers, according to officials on a panel at the AB+F Retail Financial Services Forum.
The Internet is driving greater transparency of information but has also created more risk for corporations drowning in customer data, according to two legal experts.
- Druva picks Exclusive Networks A/NZ as it's distribution partner
- VMworld 2015: VMware A/NZ increases its investment into its partner community
- IN PICTURES: VMworld 2015 global party (+38 photos)
- AEC picks NEXTDC for datacentre services
- BAE Systems Applied Intelligence brings its Cloud-based security solution to A/NZ
- Amazon snaps up Elemental to boost video on AWS
- Ex-Tesla engineer could face prison for hacking former manager's email, FBI says
- Microsoft will release its hackathon help tool to the world
- US DOJ tightens policies on use of simulated cells for surveillance
- Five steps to optimize your firewall configuration
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC