Computerworld Australia was at the launch of the new Commonwealth Bank iPhone app. Kaching allows Commonwealth Bank members to pay anyone via their mobile device, linking payments to mobile numbers, email addresses, and Facebook accounts.
commonwealth bank - News, Features, and Slideshows
commonwealth bank in pictures
The Commonwealth Bank’s mammoth core modernisation program helped it claim the title of the country’s first ‘real time’ financial institution, but there is still more to do to move some of CBA’s systems away from batch processing according to Pete Steel.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has pushed back the timeframe for releasing a draft decision in a stoush between some of Australia’s biggest banks and Apple.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Barclays have struck a deal that will allow users of their mobile apps to transfer money between Australia and the UK using a mobile phone number.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia registered a 15 per cent jump in IT services expenses in FY16, with application maintenance and development the biggest overall contributor.
The warning from QuintessenceLabs’ CTO John Leisoboer is stark. “When sufficiently powerful quantum computers become generally available,” he says, “it’s guaranteed to break all existing cryptographic systems that we know of.”
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is