Computerworld Australia was at the launch of the new Commonwealth Bank iPhone app. Kaching allows Commonwealth Bank members to pay anyone via their mobile device, linking payments to mobile numbers, email addresses, and Facebook accounts.
commonwealth bank - News, Features, and Slideshows
commonwealth bank in pictures
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia registered a 15 per cent jump in IT services expenses in FY16, with application maintenance and development the biggest overall contributor.
The warning from QuintessenceLabs’ CTO John Leisoboer is stark. “When sufficiently powerful quantum computers become generally available,” he says, “it’s guaranteed to break all existing cryptographic systems that we know of.”
The race to build the world’s first true quantum computer is on, with huge potential payoffs for businesses that harness the technology before their competitors.
The Commonwealth Bank’s decision to contribute millions of dollars to quantum computing research is not just about the significant commercial potential of the technology itself but also about developing its own in-house expertise in the area, according to chief information officer David Whiteing.
“We believe that the blockchain has huge potential,” Commonwealth Bank CIO David Whiteing today told the annual conference of the Stockbrokers Association of Australia.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.