Commonwealth Bank of Australia - News, Features, and Slideshows
Commonwealth Bank of Australia in pictures
The Commonwealth Bank has announced statutory net profit after tax of $4.535 billion for the half year ending 31 December, up 8 per cent compared to the half ending December 2013.
Major Australian banks have made mobile payments a priority tech initiative and are in various stages of rolling out technology that lets customers pay with smartphones. Commonwealth Bank and Westpac are so far leading the pack, but ANZ Bank and National Australia Bank (NAB) say they are planning to make their own moves soon.
Concerns about online threats against Australia have led to the federal government launching a review of its cyber security strategy for the first time since 2008.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX: CBA) has announced 40,000 enrolments for its Lock and Limit service that allows credit card users to lock and unlock certain transactions on their card.
Banks are reminding consumers that they will no longer be able to sign when they make purchases on their debit and credit cards in Australia from 1 August 2014. Instead, people will need to use a PIN – part of a move to decrease card fraud in Australia.
- The visible expert: How to create industry stars, and why every CMO should care
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived
- Adshel to deploy beacon technology across outdoor advertising panels nationally
- CIO, CMO take top two posts at Myer following Brookes' departure