- As Stagefright 2.0 emerges, HTC can’t commit to monthly Android patches
- The week in security: Kmart, DJs hacked as report confirms Target ignored security basics
- Kmart Australia calls in police over security breach
- Patreon donor details apparently spilled after massive hack
- After Kmart, David Jones confirms hack too. Un-patched IBM WebSphere to blame?
commerce - News, Features, and Slideshows
Stripe has opened business in Australia, joining an increasingly competitive market of payment providers in the country.
A mobile digital wallet revealed by Bendigo Bank provides incentives to users who make payments by scanning QR codes.
Commonwealth Bank customers with iPhones can now pay through the CommBank mobile app using a sticker containing near field communications (NFC) technology.
Large interactive tablets with facial recognition technology could appear in stores and other retail locations later this year.
Established banks should see disruptive technology companies as a major threat, members of the finance industry agreed this morning at an Australian Information Industry Association event in Sydney.
Whitepapers about commerce
Social media provides a wealth of data that can tell you a lot about your brand and your consumers - providing you can effectively act upon that data. According to Digiday, "48% of digital marketing executives say they focus 'relentlessly' on building customer insights, yet few are executing those strategies in meaningful ways." This white paper offers a brief overview of how organizations can best use social data by implementing a framework to integrate social data with other enterprise and public or curated data. This framework provides a platform for uncovering new insights that can be fed into business intelligence and customer experience management systems in near real-time to help marketing, sales, service, and commerce teams accelerate decision-making and create long-term, profitable customer relationships.
- Google patches second round of Stagefright flaws in Android
- Microsoft improves sharing in OneNote Class Notebooks as school year plows on
- IBM zeroes in on unstructured data with Cleversafe buy
- Chinese hackers put iOS in the crosshairs with novel attack angles
- As Microsoft focuses on mobile, Windows 10 will be key