- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- Cancer Research UK: ‘We thought the #nomakeupselfie campaign was a DDoS attack'
cloud computing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Hosted service vendor Telco Systems is hoping to make it easier for businesses to buy cloud-based routers and firewalls, but the company first has to convince service providers it's a good idea.
Adding support for network functions virtualization (NFV) to its network-as-a-service platform meant that Pacnet had to delve into OpenStack's source code and modify Neutron — the open source cloud computing project's networking component.
Making clear that it's serious about its foray into education software, Google has pushed out a set of enhancements for its Classroom app, barely two months after its release.
16 large enterprises talk about their use of the Cloud, their plans, challenges they've run into and how they're approaching the skills issues.
SAP's Hana Enterprise Cloud service will be made available through IBM's global Cloud infrastructure, in a move that expands options for customers around the world who are considering moving their business applications off-premises to the Cloud.
Apps admins will be able to communicate with Google tech support staffers via online chat, complementing other existing options, including phone calls.
A group of companies that sell products to build private Clouds has determined a price at which it claims it is less expensive to operate a private Cloud compared to using Amazon Web Service's IaaS public Cloud.
Salesforce.com's development platform is known for its ability to create new apps quickly and easily, but with the launch of Lightning, both business users and programmers can get in on the fun.
CIOs at Humana, Progressive, Vanguard, Western Union and other huge companies talk candidly about where they are with cloud computing -- some are "all in" with all things cloud, others are proceeding more cautiously with, say, public cloud for specific types of apps -- and some of the lessons they've learned along the way. Skills development, avoiding vendor lock-in and security issues are all on their minds, too.
In our interviews with CIOs at large enterprises, we found that adoption levels vary from simple experimentation to heavy use of Cloud apps and infrastructure in public and private settings.
CIOs are taking a pragmatic approach to Cloud computing, selectively launching SaaS applications and shifting infrastructure resources to IaaS platforms while building their own private Clouds.
The use of cloud-based technologies to deliver content is one area that ABC can expect to find future savings, the public broadcaster’s managing director, Mark Scott, said in a speech delivered last night.
Salesforce.com and Microsoft's budding partnership has yet to produce everything the companies promised in their product-integration announcement earlier this year, but more specific delivery dates have been revealed.
The knock against Salesforce.com has long been for its lack of robust analytics, but the company is hoping to change that perception and challenge the competition with Wave, its sixth discrete Cloud service.
It's just days until Salesforce.com's massive Dreamforce event in San Francisco, where CEO Marc Benioff and celebrity guests will hold forth before an expected 140,000 attendees. While that number is arguably inflated by the fact that Salesforce provides free access to keynotes, the show is nonetheless important for the cloud software industry. Here's a look at what to expect.
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
- The ratings: Most net neutrality groups get poor grades for funding transparency
- Advocacy groups accused of obscuring corporate ties in net neutrality debate
- Secretive funding fuels ongoing net neutrality astroturfing controversy
- OS X Yosemite uptake climbs to 13% in first week
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers