- 33 great tips and tricks for iOS 7
- Heartbleed: Security experts reality-check the 3 most hysterical fears
- 19 year-old arrested for attack on Canadian tax agency
- Open source trounces proprietary software for code defects, Coverity analysis finds
- 'Snowden effect' has changed cloud data security assumption, survey claims
Google has released an early version of a new type of database whose approach to data management will be revolutionary, according to an analyst who has studied the technology behind it.
Enterprises with at least 1,000 employees are more interested in cloud-based virtual servers than companies with fewer employees, Forrester Research says in a new report.
HP has designed a new portfolio of hardware, software, and services, aimed at reducing costs and saving resource, particularly for businesses involved in Web 2.0, cloud and high-performance computing.
To advance the adoption of the Hadoop technology for processing massive data sets, Yahoo will release a version of the software it has perfected to power many of its key sites and services.
The cloud computing business model is a threat to traditional information technology, but for end users, it carries a risk of "lock-in".
Data warehousing vendor Greenplum on Monday rolled out its "Enterprise Data Cloud" initiative, a long-term product and methodology strategy meant to further the idea of "self-service" data warehousing.
Google Docs, a hosted suite of office productivity applications, still has a ways to go in its development, but users can expect dramatic changes in the next 12 months.
In order to keep employees from accessing inappropriate Web sites, Lanco International used to enter the URLs of some banned sites into its Internet Security and Acceleration server filters, but that was a cumbersome process that didn't nearly cover the vast number of inappropriate sites.
HP and cloud application integrator Cast Iron Systems have ironed out a partnership linking Cast Iron software and HP hardware to help small and midsize businesses integrate cloud applications with their internally deployed systems.
The recent Interop Las Vegas had its bright spots: cloud computing generated genuine buzz; HP flexed its growing muscles; and dozens of innovative products were rolled out. However, there was no escaping the fact that the dour economy and significant market consolidation have taken their toll on the network industry and its biggest general trade show.
A panel of experts yesterday said that more companies would look to cloud computing in the near future because of its potential cost savings and its ability to deliver flexible scaling.
U.S. government agencies want to use more cloud-computing services, but several hurdles still stand in the way, including the U.S. government's budgeting process and a lack of understanding of government's needs by vendors, three agency IT executives said.
After eight months of hype VMware has finally delivered the update to its core virtualization platform, announcing Thursday that vSphere 4 is generally available worldwide.
Verizon Business on Wednesday gave customers of its Private IP services new options for managing and securing their networks with cloud-based tools.
Cloud computing is taking off in large part because the delivery of IT services and infrastructure over the Web offers better pricing and more flexible pricing options. That, at least, is the theory. But what if cloud pricing models are so confusing that IT shops end up paying more than they expect?
A description and analysis of Facebook Social Graph, monetization opportunities and its value to businesses.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Google Glass to get a workout from Dutch firefighters
- Nokia doesn't want you to get shocked, suspends tablet sales because of faulty charger
- Facebook users targeted by iBanking Android trojan app
- Samsung and Amazon customize Kindle app, offer free e-books
- Microsoft extends Windows 8.1 Update migration deadline for business
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size