- Fixing Australia’s “backward” national cybersecurity posture requires “fresh thinking” on skills, resources: ACSC
- Deal in the works? BlackBerry delays Pakistan retreat by one month
- Flaws in Huawei WiMax routers won't be fixed, researcher says
- Data breach of toy maker VTech leaked photos of children, parents
- The week in security: Root-certificate stuff-ups send Dell, device makers scrambling
cloud storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
cloud storage in pictures
Since restarting in June after a two-year upgrade, CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC) has been recording about 3GB of data per second, or about 25 petabytes -- that's 25 million gigabytes -- of data per year.
Tintri is all about making storage smart. In the old days, storage users looked for the staunchest storage they could find. It was a case of smashing storage problems by simply applying more force (i.e., bulk) to the storage pool. Those days are rapidly ending, and customers are now looking for smart storage solutions -- ones that can answer their real and, most importantly, rapidly changing, needs.
When it comes to high-speed data processing, RAM has always been the go-to memory for computers because it's tens of thousands of times faster than disk drives and many times faster than NAND flash.
Box today followed rival Dropbox to integrate Microsoft's Office Online with its cloud storage service.
The Cloud is full of free storage, if you know where to look.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
While Google and Microsoft are using large amounts of free cloud storage to sell inexpensive consumer notebooks, Apple has stood above the fray.
After focusing on Android during much of today's lengthy keynote, Google officials turned their attention to the enterprise.
The cloud storage service is an intuitive collaboration tool and has IT-friendly features. However, it's in a crowded, competitive market that includes Microsoft.
Whitepapers about cloud storage
Theoretically, we are now in the best position to make the technology choices for our business. This whitepaper discusses how to determine the ideal partner to assist in the decision making process when feeling spoilt for choice. • With so many vendors, products and services, the options can become confusing to interpret • Internal IT teams can benefit from support of a systems integration or outsourcing partner • Ideal partners should focus on five areas of information to support your business decisions
- Can computers write hit musicals? At this London theater, we'll soon find out
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Cortana now gets business data from Microsoft's Power BI service
- Online shoppers hit Cyber Monday -- hard
- Freescale's latest Internet of Things chip is as thin as a blade of grass
- What the CMO50’s top 10 marketing leaders have in common
- Blackmores rolls out ‘Mindful Ocean’ neuro game to track customer mindfulness
- The inaugural CMO50 list is revealed
- How Captain's Choice is cruising to a new level of digital engagement
- From tactical overhead to strategic growth driver: B2B marketing in the digital age