- Ukraine tensions could hurt international security efforts, Kaspersky says
- Rushed Heartbleed fixes may expose users to new attacks
- Heartbleed bug is irritating McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky Lab
- JP Morgan to invest £150 million on boosting cyber security
- Big bucks going to universities to solve pressing cybersecurity issues
- EscapeNet enjoys life as an indie ISP
- Cyclone cuts through telecom networks in Queensland
- Telco deregulation: Price controls, phone sex on the table
- TPG pushes unlimited NBN fibre plans
- Will smart watches and glasses drive mobile payments?
Cloud vendors may have a slick sales pitch, but it won't always match what's in their contracts — so it’s up to you to ask the hard questions. Here are some tough questions to ask cloud providers.
Explosives maker Orica Limited (ASX: ORI) has migrated from Excel spreadsheets to a cloud software suite within its IT department in order to show the wider business the real cost of IT equipment.
NextDC (ASX:NXT) and NEC Australia have signed a national agreement to provide the IT services company’s customers with enterprise cloud services from NextDC data centres.
The risks of relying on the cloud have been discussed at length, but security researchers are about to add a new danger that users will soon have to worry about: Reverse engineering the software directly.
Australian policy makers need to explain the benefits of cloud services clearly if state and federal government adoption is to improve, according to Ovum Australia's research director, Steve Hodgkinson.
Whitepapers about cloud services
Cloud is now largely viewed by enterprise customers as a viable, sometimes necessary path to outsourcing and service delivery and is a strategic, mobile, and integrated platform which reduces short term IT costs and ensures long term savings. This document focuses on the trends that are driving decision-making on cloud including the growing connection between cloud, mobility, and data; cloud services governance and integration; and continuing development of cloud ecosystems among vendors. Learn how and why companies are deploying cloud services while managing security and compliance, and read how vendors are striving to become more innovative to meet new client needs.
You need to secure your BYOD devices—but MDM alone isn't enough to prevent data loss. Read this whitepaper—Data Loss Prevention: When MDM Is Not Enough—to learn how to combat MDM shortcomings. See how to add cross-platform security, implement protection policies, and address risks in consumer apps.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Broadband Solutions offers unified solution for hotel phone and web access
- Liberal NBN plan unable to deliver tele-health: Jason Clare
- TPG fined $400,000 for blocking triple O call
- Public Cloud benefits can no longer be ignored: Bulletproof
- Central Coast NBN Fibre-to-the-Node trial delivers 105 Mbps
- Data and analytics top spending list for marketers in Australasia
- Dell, Expedia share how they're striving to improve customer engagement
- Microsoft launches toolset for capturing 'ambient intelligence'
- Twitter brings the data back home by acquiring Gnip
- Google updates terms of service to reflect its scanning of users' emails