- Data breaches can be traced back to nine attack 'patterns', says Verizon report
- SMS spam rises in UK as 'accident compensation' scammers get busy
- Verizon breach report makes case for behavioral analytics
- NSA spying revelations have tired out China's Huawei
- Coding error protects some Android apps from Heartbleed
- USB Type-C: Simpler, faster and more powerful
- Data retention: Just like diamonds, metadata is forever
- Connected vehicle tech trial to start trucking on in NSW
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
cloud security in pictures
Cloud vendors may have a slick sales pitch, but it won't always match what's in their contracts — so it’s up to you to ask the hard questions. Here are some tough questions to ask cloud providers.
The CIA's decision to use Amazon's cloud is part of a broader IT shake-up to make the spy business more efficient.
Security concerns should not deter enterprises from using public cloud technologies when it makes business sense.
The Fred Hollows Foundation (FHF) plans to migrate information about its Australian donors into a secure cloud, following the signing of a contract with CSC.
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and BSI have launched a technology-neutral certification they claim provides an additional layer of transparency around security controls used by cloud service providers.
When you don’t have the funds for a CSO or IT security manager, it can be tough to keep your business protected. This has led to the emergence of the 'other SaaS' — security-as-a-service — with vendors and managed security providers (MSPs) offering cloud-based threat management.
Cloud budgets are rising as IT confronts security and ROI challenges, according to the 2013 Cloud Computing Survey from IDG Enterprise (free download). (Insider: Registration required)
Inside the enterprise, the biggest obstacle to cloud computing is often the company's own corporate counsel. Here's how IT is getting to yes with legal.
RSA President Art Coviello's thoughts on cloud security.
Whitepapers about cloud security
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Simply being compliant is not enough to mitigate attacks and protect critical information. Organizations can reduce chances of compromise by shifting away from a compliance-driven approach. This guide provides the Top 20 Critical Security Controls (CSCs) developed by the SANS Institute to address the need for a risk-based approach to security.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- Salesforce at 15: Industry disruptor wards off midlife crisis
- Branded comments and shares a growing part of the social engagement mix for marketers
- 8 things we learnt about big data analytics from the Adobe Summit
- AdRoll secures US$70 million to ramp up retargeting platform development