- Almost half UK businesses POS systems are vulnerable to hackers say IT
- Imperva security stats confirm even hackers love a World Cup thriller
- Goodwill Industries investigates suspected payment card breach
- Black Hat presentation on TOR suddenly cancelled
- Stealthy Web tracking tools pose increasing privacy risks to users
cloud computing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Identity and access management vendor Ping Identity today unveiled software-based multi-factor authentication that lets users to sign onto an enterprise service or system with a swipe of their smartphone.
Microsoft has been screaming "Cloud" in many partners' deaf ears for several years, but the company found a more receptive audience at its Worldwide Partner Conference.
Cisco has expanded its data center arrangement with Microsoft with a multiyear sales and go-to-market effort for integrated products. The deal builds upon one agreed to 15 months ago, when the two companies combined cloud offerings under their respective Cisco Unified Data Center and Microsoft Fast Track 3.0 architectures.
Companies interested in moving to cloud computing are increasingly choosing a private cloud for the increased security and, often, compliance features instead of the public cloud, according to a recent survey.
SAP reported strong growth in Cloud revenue in the second quarter, while its software revenue continued to fall, reflecting a shift in the market from on-premises software and services to applications delivered through the cloud on a subscription model.
Microsoft's renewed push into Cloud computing, announced this week, doesn't change the fact that it faces unprecedented competition in a business that's critical to its future.
Pennsylvania has signed a seven-year deal with Unisys to consolidate the state's data centers and create an on-demand, cloud computing environment
Oracle has hooked up its SRM (social relationship management) software suite to LinkedIn, a move to give marketing and customer support staffers a way to reach the business-oriented social network's 300 million users.
Microsoft's future will be less devoted to its Windows operating system as it continues to push into mobile and cloud services, CEO Satya Nadella said, using his keynote speech at the Worldwide Partner Conference to talk about where the company is headed.
Microsoft has begun boosting the free allowance of its OneDrive cloud-based storage service to one terabyte for subscribers to consumer and college student Office 365 plans.
Microsoft Azure just became the next cloud connection for NetApp Private Storage, which can already link enterprise storage to Amazon Web Services.
Rackspace Tuesday announced a Managed Cloud offering, which combines the benefits of a managed service with the elastic scalability of a cloud.
Box has integrated its cloud storage and file share service with Microsoft's Office productivity apps suite, and will offer unlimited capacity to customers of its Business edition, as the company waits for the right time to go public.
Cloud providers seeking business from EU institutions could become subject to more scrutiny from the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS).
Amazon Web Services is offering on its Marketplace annual subscriptions to over 90 software products, which could help customers cut software costs by over 40 percent, the Amazon.com unit said.
- A10 Networks’ new channel vision to be delivered by WhiteGold Solutions
- Fujitsu World Tour: Cloud entering third phase of maturity
- Fujitsu World Tour: Future businesses will be defined by data first
- Robert Kaye retires as Macquarie Telecom chairman
- Fujitsu World Tour: NSW government revamping for Cloud, mobile service world
- NAB shares the key ingredients to digital strategy success
- Adobe details how it's transforming into a digital-first marketing organisation
- Yahoo buys Flurry to make more money from mobile apps
- Salesforce.com's trademark infringement anything but social, lawsuit claims
- Better CIO/CFO relationships see CMO salaries soar