- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
cloud BI - News, Features, and Slideshows
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing backer Sequoia Capital and including newcomer Northgate Capital. Birst has raised $84 million to date, including $26 million last year in a round also led by Sequoia.
Analysts predict a strong uptake of in-memory technologies and cloud BI, new use cases for big data applications and more business collaboration next year.