classification - News, Features, and Slideshows
classification in pictures
The R18+ classification for games will be put before the Northern Territory government this week.
New South Wales will back the creation of an R18+ classification for computer games, clearing the way for the adult-only category's introduction.
The two day meeting of the Standing Committee of Attorneys-General has endorsed the idea of an R18+ classification for video games. The in principle decision was backed by all states and territories, with the exception of NSW Attorney-General, Greg Smith, who abstained.
A decision on the introduction of an R18+ rating for computer games could arrive as soon as July, the Minister for Justice, Brendan O’Connor, has said.
The Federal Government’s mandatory internet service provider (ISP) level filter is still on the agenda, according to the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard.
- Local Council ditches multiple vendors for TechnologyOne
- Brennan IT readies $30 million for acquisitions
- Lenovo to pump $5m into A/NZ as part of its IBM x86 server purchase
- Krux appoints data science expert to boost APAC team
- Google Capital leads investment charge in Cloud optical transceiver company