Gamers dress as zombies to raise awareness about the lack of an R18+ rating for video games in Australia
classification - News, Features, and Slideshows
classification in pictures
The R18+ classification for games will be put before the Northern Territory government this week.
New South Wales will back the creation of an R18+ classification for computer games, clearing the way for the adult-only category's introduction.
The two day meeting of the Standing Committee of Attorneys-General has endorsed the idea of an R18+ classification for video games. The in principle decision was backed by all states and territories, with the exception of NSW Attorney-General, Greg Smith, who abstained.
A decision on the introduction of an R18+ rating for computer games could arrive as soon as July, the Minister for Justice, Brendan O’Connor, has said.
The Federal Government’s mandatory internet service provider (ISP) level filter is still on the agenda, according to the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!