After catastrophic earthquakes in Christchurch toppled its New Zealand law office, Duncan Cotterill implemented desktop virtualization to provide stronger disaster resilience, according to the law firm’s CIO at the time.
Citrix XenDesktop - News, Features, and Slideshows
Not-for-profit hostel accommodation provider YHA has reported financial and IT support savings, following the rollout of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
The earthquake which struck Christchurch, New Zealand in February 2011 was the catalyst for trans-Tasman law firm Duncan Cotterill Lawyers to roll out virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) so that its lawyers could work remotely.
Citrix Systems has added more licensing options and editions to its upcoming desktop virtualization platform XenDesktop 4, including the option to pay by the number of devices used, it said on Tuesday.
Citrix on Monday said its latest desktop virtualization software will give users access to high-definition desktops from any location and from just about any device, including PCs, Macs, thin clients, laptops, netbooks and smartphones.
Whitepapers about Citrix XenDesktop
Unidesk VDI management software for Citrix XenDesktop and VMware Horizon View and Tintri VM-aware storage are an ideal combination for high performance, easy-to-manage VDI. This white paper provides benefits and design considerations for deploying Unidesk with the Tintri VMstore storage appliance.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms