- New iPad rumor rollup for week ending April 23
- Apple users put at risk by 3-week delay between OS X and iOS patches, researchers say
- Tip of the Hat: Heartbleed prompts chastened tech giants to fund OpenSSL
- 'Francophoned' cybertheft operation reportedly back in action
- In Heartbleed's wake, tech titans launch fund for crucial open-source projects
- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
- Data retention: Just like diamonds, metadata is forever
- Sorting the security standards
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
CIO in pictures
Bauer Media has broken from Nine Entertainment Group shared services with a new stand-alone network from Azzurri Communications.
CIOs who haven't moved their companies from Windows XP by now ought to be fired, some people think, but those who haven't and are still on the job have options for saving their bacon.
The CIA's decision to use Amazon's cloud is part of a broader IT shake-up to make the spy business more efficient.
John Halamka, the CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, doesn't let any crisis go unused as either a teachable moment, or as a chance to lead IT into new directions.
The hiring scene is changing for tech pros. Marketing departments are bolstering their technical ranks to help with big data, cloud, SEO, and mobile development initiatives.
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
Corporate culture may matter even more to your project's success than ROI does. Here's how to work with it rather than against it.
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
You know technology cold, you understand the business, and you're ready to step up to a senior IT leadership position, but can you communicate all that to the C-suite? Here's how other CIOs got their voices heard.
Attention, IT: As marketing goes all-digital, your CMO needs more from you than back-office support. Are you ready to be a marketing partner?
Whitepapers about CIO
Empowered customers are disrupting every industry, and CIOs need to understand how technology management must adapt. This report outlines how disruptive customers can place harsh and unfamiliar demands on institutions, necessitating changes in how they develop, market, sell, and deliver products and services.
Webcast Summary: Today’s consumers and B2B companies only want interactions that are relevant, personalized, and based on a customer’s situation and preferences. Companies that fail to provide relevant offers will be left behind.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.